"What are you guys catfighting about?"
My eyes meet with Ameria's "nothing", we both say.
This clearly isn't the moment to hash things out with Ameria.
"You'll get over it. It's just a bad mark and-"
"And it's not the end of the world I know I know. How are you not a mess right now?", she throws away her tissue in the bin.
Ameria folds her arms, "to be honest I don't know. I guess I didn't study hard enough."
"I guess so too", Skyler says in defeat. Anyways let's get out of here I'm sure they have started without us.

Art was the many languages that Ava used to express herself. Which seems so fitting that a mural in Miss Morgan's class (Ava's art teacher )is a great dedication to her.

"Is everything okay" She asks as soon as the three off us walk in. "Yeah sorry we just really needed the bathroom", I speak for us. Miss Morgan's eyebrows crease into confusion and her eyes immediately look at my hands. I know she recognizes Ava's notebook.

"Anyways", she goes on "as we all know the year is coming to an end.A couple of students, as well as teachers, have agreed that a mural would be a great remembrance for Ava. I know majority of you can't paint" she walks from one side of the room and then to the other side with her arms crossed by her back. "Which is why I will have some of my art students paint something, but it can't be anything random. Which is where you guys come in. What are we going to paint for Ava?"

Silence fills in. Eyes look around at each other.
"I knew you guys would have this reaction. Which is why I will spilt everyone into a groups of three."
"First group titled group A will be Nora, Skyler and Ameria"
Ameria sighs loudly clearly trying her best to make me feel bad. Miss Morgan calls out other names and places them in groups. By the end of this meeting were told to come up with an idea on what the mural should represent.

"Think you guys could come over to my house after school?" Skyler asks.
I nod my head statting a yes and Ameria agrees.

"Okay you guys are dismissed see you next week Friday. You guys have time to come up with an idea, do not disappoint." Feet begin to shuffle out of the class.

"Nora stay behind." I squeeze my eyes shut at Miss Morgan's stern voice.
The class finally empties
"What are you still doing with that?" she looks down at my hands still holding on to the notebook.
It's Jake's property you know that."
"I'm holding on to it until", I sigh and give up my lame excuse.
"You went through it didn't you", she crosses her arms
"Yeah", my eyes shoot down to my feet, a question burns my throat and I need to know if she knew.
"Did you know" I look at her.
"Know about?" Her eyebrows crease in confusion.
"Know that Ava and Jake dated."
"Oh that", she begins to scratch the back of her head. Her eyes are no longer staring into my soul instead they are circling around the room.

"I take that as a yes. What was she like with him?" The real question I want to ask was why didn't she tell me she had a whole ass relationship with Jake.
Miss Morgan looks to the ceiling and lets out compressed air. "She was happy she walks closer to me and places her hand on my shoulder "that's all that matters."
"Who else knew about their relationship?"
"I don't know honestly but what I do know is that you need to give this to Jake. He needs the closure."
I chuckle, "don't we all need the closure I think finding her killer will be better."

"Yeah perhaps your right, but this is different Nora. Ava made this for Jake. You can't hold on to it"
"I'm just trying to figure out why she didn't tell me about her relationship with Jake"
Miss Morgan remains quiet.
"I feel like there is this whole side of Ava that I do not know. And it bothers me a lot. We were best friends. We told each other everything. Did she not feel comfortable with telling me about this?"
"Nora come on. Let this go. I know you upset. I know you have so many questions for Ava. But I think you should make peace with the fact that you will never know. Just accept it. It will bring you peace. No one can answer why she kept this from you. You just have to find a way to accept that okay."
"I'll be taking the notebook from you." Her hands slide down to mine. She gently takes the notebook. I don't put up a fight because, I know she's right.