[73] ✽ Like or Love? ✽

Start from the beginning

But was it even valid for him to be jealous when you were not his to keep?

"I- do we have to discuss this here? I think we have time."

Jungkook cleared this throat and looked away. But he saw Mrs Kim narrow her eyes before she sighed.

"I know that both of you like her but wait for her to make a choice, and be mature about it okay? I'll see you later son."

She patted his back before walking down the hallway. Jungkook remained standing there, stunned at the topic they had just discussed. Did he like you? Yes. But, did he love you? He was not sure.

Yes you idiot, don't ignore it. The small voice taunted him but he only exhaled, dismissing it as confused thoughts. How could he love you romantically? Though, Jungkook couldn't imagine his life without you anymore.

Isn't that supposed to be love?

"Shut up," he murmured to himself.

It was like his life lost its colour and he forgot how to live when you were not there. Everything reminded him of you, how you would nag or lecture him and react to various things. He missed them all, he missed you so much.

And meeting you after a long time, all this incident had happened. He was frustrated, why situations couldn't be better for the two of you to meet without any problem again.

Now this confession which Jin already dropped on you, would you even consider Jungkook? He knew how charismatic his hyung was and would not be surprised if Seokjin and you became a couple.

But could he bear it? That was not easy to answer.

"Jungkook!"

He turned around to see Seokjin running towards him with a worried face, followed by your mother who seemed like she was pale with shock and worry engulfed him.

"Hyung."

"Did she wake up?"

He shook his head, "no news yet."

Your mother let out a small cry, taking a seat on the bench and sobbing. Seokjin quickly rushed to her side, patting her back, offering his handkerchief like a gentleman and comforting her.

Jungkook watched from his spot silently, how expert was Seokjin with your mother. They seemed to be well acquainted. That was supposed to be me, a thought rose inside his chest and he could feel the burn of envy once again.

"Calm down," Jungkook mumbled to himself, his eyes still on Seokjin who was helping your mother.

He cursed. When his hyung was trying to be kind, why was he jealous? That was so childish and confusing for him. But all he knew was that he wanted to be there instead, to comfort your mother and support her.

But no, he was here, standing like a fool and letting his thoughts take over his mind. A doctor walked out of the operating room and removed his glasses as Jungkook rushed to him before anyone else.

"Doctor! How is she? Will she be okay? Why aren't you saying anything? Please tell me the truth."

The doctor chuckled at Jungkook, "don't worry sir. Your girlfriend is more than fine. We removed the bullet and thankfully, none of her organs was wounded. Currently, she is under anaesthesia so we will shift her sometime later."