[71] ✽ Threats and Dangers ✽

Start from the beginning

He seems to be surprised as you called him by his name and not his first name. He stares at you, before clearing his throat and looks back at his friend.

"Jungkook, Yuna won't leave. If you force, I am leaving with her and I don't only mean this hotel but even your life."

"What?" Jungkook and you shriek at the same time.

"I am serious. Stop being childish like your father who just tried to chase her out not even two minutes ago."

Jungkook closes his eyes and mumbles something before opening them to glare at Seokjin.

"So, you mean this girl whom you hardly met a month ago is more important than our twenty years of friendship. Do you mean it?"

"Yes." Seokjin responds without hesitance, "because she taught me what real friendship is. Unlike your father who straightforward told me that our friendship was nothing more than a business deal that he would break once he stops getting profit from my family."

Jungkook seems genuinely surprised, "he s-said that?"

"You know Jungkook, I thought our friendship was real despite everything. Even my parents accept you with their heart and I thought it was the same for you but now I start to doubt, because not only do your parents see me as an insurance for their son, even you are starting to behave like your father. Like I am an object to use and throw as you wish. You think I can trust you like that?"

Jungkook doesn't say another word. He remains there in silence and you wonder what he would say next, to chase you out of this place. Maybe another round of fake insults. But he doesn't even glance at you or Seokjin before quietly walking away.

You watch him leave before looking at Seokjin who seemed like he was almost to tears. You remembered Mrs Kim saying that he had a sensitive heart and it made you feel bad that he had to go through this.

"It's okay Seokjin, we'll knock some sense into him later. Are you okay?"

"I think I understand how much you must have suffered Yuna. When you were with me and Jungkook and when you got to know the truth."

You nod, rubbing his back for silent comfort. He looks at you, "then why did you decide to keep being with us? After everything?"

"Because we don't give up on friendship Seokjin. Any friendship that is broken was never made for real in the first place. I guess I couldn't just- let go."

He nods then looks away.

"You need some air?"

"I am okay. We should get on our plan."

The two of you nod with the same idea.

She was here.

Jungkook could not believe that the person he never expected to see again was here again, in his engagement party when he specially prayed for her absence. But deep inside he had a feeling she would come no matter what because of her stubborn nature.

He recalls when you first caught his eye while arguing with his father in the distance. At first, he thought it was someone else but seeing Jin beside made everything sure.