[68] ✽ Beauty Standards ✽

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yuna, I want you to be honest."

"Y-yes?"

"Do you love my son?"

Your eyes widen. "Excuse me? I-"

She raises a hand with a disapproved look, "all I know is that he loves you, a lot. All his life Seokjin has been a playful person but when it comes to you, he is always serious. Do you think this is mere friendship?"

"Uh, no- I mean. . .he kind of confessed to me, yesterday. I did not respond though."

She stares at you then nods.

"Okay. I had a feeling because he came home without a word and would not allow me to look at him. But I know he had red puffy eyes, right after meeting you."

Your breath hitched.

Seokjin cried because of you?

It was impossible to imagine he cheerful man with sad and tearful eyes. You suddenly feel bad but Mrs Kim shakes her head.

"Don't be guilty. You are not obliged to love him back if you don't but please, be careful with his heart. He is quite sensitive to such issues."

"I-I will."

Then she squeezes your arm.

"Do you love Jungkook then?"

What?

Another ridiculous thought was thrown at you by Seokjin's mother but this time, you had no response. No, you wanted to say but that was not possible. You had gone through everything with your ex-boss, the man who you are trying to get through this marriage.

You already considered this possibility many times but it was too overwhelming and you would suppress the thoughts down. Now that Mrs Kim mentioned it, you were frozen in place, eyes wide with your heart beating faster than normal.

"Yuna?"

No. I don't love Jungkook but I care for him as a friend.

Why was such a simple statement so hard to confess? You stare at her in silence, throat restricting every time you opened and closed your mouth like a fish out of water. A knock on the door startles you before Seokjin's voice passes through.

"It's getting late ladies. Hurry up."

I don't think I can do this with my mind messed up.

Mrs Kim steps back and takes in a breath and you finally notice how worried she looks with the whole thing. If you were stuck between two men, why did she seem like the one in pain? Nevertheless, you cleared your throat.

"I-um, I should go."

"Yes. Let's go."

You raised a brow at her response and she pointed at her dress. You mouthed an 'o' when you noticed her dress was a party red dress that had a love neckline and came down to her knees, tightly wrapping around her body. Her arms were covered in sleeve material before she draped an expensive black coat over her dress.

She looked like an expensive woman.

Like son, similar was the mother. You understood where Seokjin got his young and charming looks from because his mother was the epitome of standard beauty. One eye roll from her and anyone would be scared to approach her.

"Are you done?"

Flinching, you turn back to see Seokjin standing there with a bored expression. Little did he know what conversation happened here in his absence. You nod and grab your silver purse, trying to calm your racing heart.

"Let's go."

It was time to go and save Jungkook.

A/N: What will go wrong now? :)