[68] ✽ Beauty Standards ✽

Start from the beginning

That was a funny thought.

"I guess you are right."

Knock. Knock.

You glance at the door, wondering who was it. Seokjin answers it and you stiffen when you see Mrs Kim entering the room. Her posture was rigid, eyes unforgiving and cold as she walked inside her son's room.

"Hi, Mrs Kim."

She remained silent, and you know it was because, despite her warning, you were literally inside her house and in Seokjin's room, getting dressed up to go and do something she told you not to do. It was like a slap of disrespect on her face and you were guilty.

"Mom, you have some work with us? We might be running late."

She gives you an unimpressed look before looking at her son, "so this is what the two of you decided in the end? Despite everything I said?"

You bit your lip but to your surprise, Seokjin rolls his eyes.

"We cleared this concept mom, we asked for your advice and considered it. But it's our choice to go so you don't have to support us. I don't want to live with regret."

"And you?" Mrs Kim gives you an unforgivable look, "you agree with this nonsense?"

"I am sorry Mrs Kim. We know you mean good and we appreciate it but we cannot just sit back and watch Jungkook- our friend's life get ruined. He doesn't have a choice because of his father but we? We both have choices to ignore or save our friend and we chose the latter."

She stares at you with an empty gaze, hard and you swallow a lump. Seokjin comes to stand beside you like he was indirectly showing that he supported what you said. When his shoulders brushed against yours, you shivered.

Then Mrs Kim sighs.

"You leave me with no option. Fine, you can go. I already knew I cannot stop the two of you but I wanted to see if your resolve would fall soon."

"Thank you, mother." Seokjin grins.

His mother gives him a look of wary, "careful son. You found your voice and freedom to speak out but it won't always work with me. I can't believe you argued with me, twice, for Yuna's sake."

"I'll keep that in mind."

He scratches his neck and she shakes her head before glancing at you.

"I'll trust you to keep an eye on my son and also, be careful."

To your ultimate surprise, Mrs Kim steps closer and grabs you in a sideway hug, making you freeze with the movement. She was definitely not the type to show any physical affection so you were unsure what to do.

And you surely did not expect such an action from her, especially after that day when she told you to stop trying to fight for someone who wasn't yours. You awkwardly try to hug her back and she steps back with a sigh.

"Seokjin can you go out? We need to be alone once."

He leaves with a nod and you gulp. Here comes the scolding I deserve. But she rests a hand on your shoulder.