Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"You look so beautiful."He praised staring at my face.

"Thank you. Now eat and make sure to drink the water."I replied pushing my books aside to make space for the food.

"Where are you going?"He asked stopping me in my tracks when I attempted to walk away.

"I was doing my laundry before you came in and I've got to finish it?"I answered and his brows furrowed in shock.

"This late? You'll get sick!"He exclaimed taking my cold hands in his.

He rubbed them before blowing warm air on them. The gesture warmed my heart and that's why I needed to think about the way forward away from him.

"I couldn't sleep and needed something to occupy my mind. Besides I have a washer and a dryer so I wasn't doing any hard work."I explained.

"But still you can get sick."He argued.

"I'll be okay. Eat, drink your water and make yourself at home since you obviously won't be going anywhere tonight. I'll be done soon and we can figure out the sleeping arrangements then."I said pulling my hands from his and walking away to resume my duties.

It wasn't common for a college student to have a washer and dryer but with my work and the amount of clothes I owned, they were my saving grace. I didn't have that many clothes left but I dragged out the work wanting to keep some distance between Andrew and I.

It's not that I didn't want him back, I did, I was just scared of getting hurt again. I had feelings for Andrew and they were deep since they had been there for three years. We had only gone on one date and he had broken me so bad, what would happen when we dated for longer and something happened. It would kill me, literally. I didn't know if I was strong enough to overcome another heartbreak.

Thinking about it, I decided that the best thing to do would be to let Andrew know how I felt. If his words were assuring enough and I trusted what he said then I would give us another chance.

When I walked back into the room I found him sleeping on top of my bed on his side wearing nothing but his boxers. His back muscles were so sexy and I found myself licking my lips involuntarily. He wasn't covered so he was just lying there all out for me to see and enjoy. I admired him for a few minutes and wanted more than anything to run my hands over his hard contours. That would be rape though so I held myself back and respected him.

His clothes and shoes were on the floor at the foot of the bed. I had told him to make himself feel at home and he had done exactly that. There would be no talking until morning.

The food and water were gone so I cleaned the dishes before picking up his clothes and cleaning them too so he would have something clean to wear when he woke up. I did everything around the house that needed doing trying to avoid thinking about where I would sleep. My bed was occupied and I didn't have a sofa or a bean bag. The floor would have to do even if it would kill my back and shoulders.

I grabbed an extra pillow from the bed and blanket from the wardrobe laying them out on the floor. At least I'd invested in a thick rug so it would be better than a cold floor.

"What are you doing?"Andrew groggy voice asked leaning over the bed just as I was pulling the blanket over my cold self.

"Sleeping."I replied grumpily not happy about having to give up my bed.

"On the floor? "

"You're sleeping on the bed if you haven't noticed."I pointed out sarcastically.

"You have a gigantic bed, enough for four."He replied.