Chapter Thirty Four

PIERRA'S POV

"You promise to bring me souvenirs?"Alice pleaded looking up at me with the same brown eyes Andrew had.

"I promise."I assured her as I pulled her into a tight hug against me.

I'd spent two days with Andrew, his mom and sister getting to know them better. Alice and I had immediately clicked as she had been the small sister I had always wanted. She had a lot of male influence in her life too, after all she did grow up with one older brother and lots of male cousins so my company was most welcome. We talked about anything and everything because for a fifteen year old she was very wise and mature.

Beth loved her children and I respected her for that. She had raised them all on her own and they had turned out as perfectly as they had. She was kind to me and accepted me as her son's girlfriend. It made me happy that they both liked me as I had no idea what I would have done if they hadn't approved of me.

"Let her go Alice, we need to leave now if we're going to make it in time for our flight."Andrew demanded as he pulled us apart.

Alice pouted but let me go nonetheless. Beth hugged me next, giving me an affectionate pat in the back.

"You two please take care of yourselves and each other. Make sure you eat all your meals, stay safe and come back to us in one piece."Beth demanded holding both I and Andrew's hands in hers.

"We will mom."Andrew replied.

I backed him up with a nod of my head.

"Andrew I know I have already said this but Pierra is my sister now so if you mess things up again, I will disown you and mom will adopt her."Alice declared.

I hid a smile behind my hand looking at Andrew who was staring at his sister shocked.

"That's not fair but I won't dream of it so you're not getting rid of me that easy."He replied ruffling her hair.

Alice truly was one of a kind and I was very grateful for her.

After we said our final goodbyes, Andrew and I grabbed our light luggage and journeyed back to school which was our first stop. We were stopping there to pick up our bags and say one final goodbye to our friends.We also made a quick pit stop at Bishop's who had been discharged two days earlier. For the first time ever, I actually saw him give Andrew an honest smile. He did give him the threatening take care of my sister or else speech but it was all in good fun. Whitney would take care of him and he was already making plans to quit the drug business so he would be fine.

When I was guaranteed that my brother was okay, we left and boarded a bus to the city center where we took a commercial flight to Nairobi. From the airstrip we landed in we used an uber to get to the Jomo Kenyatta International airport for our flight to Paris.

My parents and siblings were meeting us at the airport to say their goodbyes before we left. My mom had managed to convince my dad to let me go. He had not been thrilled about it but he had come around in the end.

"Does your dad carry his gun with him?"Andrew asked as we approached my family in the parking lot.

"Why?"I inquired with a laugh.

"Because he might shoot me so we don't get to go to Paris together."He replied.

I snorted another laugh and looked at him as if he had lost his mind.

"Don't give me that look, I know what I'm talking about."He defended himself.

"You've faced him once before, you'll be okay."I consoled him.