Chapter 56: Do you Want to be Here?

Shaimas POV:
"Do you think he would like this?" I ask Mason as we try to chose Trents birthday present which is in a month.

"Shaima... I've said this already. He will love whatever you buy him." He laughs

" I know, but then I have him telling me not to buy him anything and its so annoying cause I wanna make sure he likes it but actually needs it."

"Shaim" Mason puts his hands on my shoulder and laughs. "Calm down"

"Sorry," I laugh.

"Its okay" he smiles and kisses my temple. "being almost 8 months pregnant would be the reason your emotions are heightened"

"Ya ya shut up." I pay for the watch and jacket and we head out the store.

"I really dont know how you are still up and running. I thought at this time you would be on bed rest."

"Its called being healthy Mount" I giggle

"You being healthy? that would be a first" I can see his cheeky smile from the corner of my eye.

"I blame you for not being healthy" I nudge him

"No, no, Blame Declan. he was the bad influence."

"Declan is a whole different topic" I shake my head and we enter the car. We laugh but are Interrupted by Masons phone going off. Trents name popped up on the screen.

Mason answers, "hey Trent what's up?"

"Is Shaima with you?" He asks

"Trent you knew I was with him today" I raised my eyebrows

"Ya just thought you would've been home by now. Also you got a few deliveries today..."

"Deliveries? From who?" I ask curiously

"Your friends from LA I think. Probably some birthday presents."

"Oh geeze I forgot," I laughed

"How do you forget your own birthday? September 16th is a very special day." Mason laughs.

I just hit his chest and groan "shut it you."

"Her brain isn't working mate," Trent laughs.

"I'm truly not in the mood for you guys to gang up on me." I glare at Mason and he puts his hands up in defence.

"Let's not target her pregnancy hormones" Mason laughs.

Trent laughs a bit then starts to calm down. "Okay, I'll see you in a bit yeah?"

"I'll see ya soon," I shake my head and we hang up the call.

"So are you guys good again?" Mason asks

"It's better now than it was a month ago," I shrugged.

"You know if you need anything you can call me right?"

"Ya I know but you also have to realize you are 4 hours away Mase. I can't run to you all the time.. especially after what happened."

"Ya but at the end of the day, whether we both like it or not, we are family. Of course there is gonna be some ups and downs but we love eachother."

He gripped my hand in his and smiled. He was right no matter what, we are family. But how do you get over the fact that the other person is in love with you? I still think about it. How can I not?

——-

Trents POV:
I wrap the small box and look at Alex "do you think she will like it?" I ask him. I had gotten Shaima a small gold locket with our daughters name engraved on it in one box. I didn't know what to get her especially because she claims that she doesn't want anything because I have already given her so much.