Chapter 17: Please Wake Up

Trents POV:
It's been 2 days since the incident and nothing had gotten better. I watch over Shaimas limped body as she lays on the hospital bed. Her mum on one side holding her hand as she is fast asleep. Myself on the other squeezing her hand hoping to feel something back. Mason had been knocked out on the sofa chair with Declan. They both refused to leave and well I couldn't blame them. Shaima has been in their life since forever, they're family. I hear my phone buzzing on the table next to me and see Andy calling. I accept it and his face pops on the screen with Rachel next to him.

"Hey, any progress?" Andy asks softly and I shake my head.

"No, she hasn't woken up yet and well the doctors don't know when she will either" I run my fingers through my hair

"Trent, she will be fine. Shaima is in everyone's prayers. She will get through this." Rachel tries to reassure me and I give her a soft smile

"Thank you Rachel, it means a lot" I look over to Shaima again and back to my phone. "They caught her dad hey"

"Bro that's great!" Andy basically shouted.

"Ya they looked back at the footage and saw that he was the last with her and took him into custody last night. Maria told us when she got in this morning"

"I'm glad, no one should treat their daughter like that. It's just disgusting, Shaima should've never been put through any sort of abuse from that man" Rachel says in disgust.

"Well it's a good thing she won't be anymore" I sigh in relief.

"Well we will let you go but did you want me to bring you anything tomorrow? Food? Clothes?" Andy asks.

"Clothes would be great" I give him a soft smile and he nods. We say our goodbyes and I end the call. I get up from my side of the bed and place a kiss on Shaimas forehead. I leave the room and start to walk around and try to clear my head.

I'm worried that she will be hurt, that she will be scared from this and not be the same again. I'm ready to be that person to help her go through it I just hope that she will allow me to do so. I stop by the big glass window holding 12 baby baskets behind it. I look over them and see all the tiny little humans and couldn't help but smile. Reminds me of the fair when I mentioned having kids with her and she told me to put a ring on her finger first. I can't wait to make her mine forever. I smile and feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up and see Mason behind me.

"You okay?" He asks

"I'm trying to be, I have to be for her. But I'm scared Mason. What if she doesn't wake up?" I confess

"Trent, she's gonna be fine. Look at everyone around her. She has so many people who are wishing for her health and all we can really do is wait."

"Well I hate waiting," I let out a laugh and so does Mason

"Trust me so do I" he pats my back and we start heading to the room. "I don't know if she told you this but before you guys got into the big fight before she left, Jonathan came over and was responsible for her ghosting us that week. He hurt her, and well because you didn't answer her calls, she couldn't tell you anything."

"Damn it Mason, that makes me feel even worst," I groan "I should've been there for her I just feel like I was a shitty friend during that time"

"Well you were a shitty friend" he laughs and I glare at him. "But you are making it up to her now. She loves you Trent, she always has and always will."

"I'm sorry Mason, I know that hurts for you to say"

"Trent I knew you guys were meant to be together before you guys even did. I love Shaima, I will always love Shaima. But at the end of the day she's happy with you. I'm just glad to be there for her even if that's just being her best friend. But your guys love it's something else"