Chapter 50: Wait for Trent to Screw Up

Shaima POV:

I play with my food in front of me as Mason continues to talk in front of me. I feel bad for not paying attention, but I still can't get over what happened last week at the reveal. Even Trent has been off but I haven't asked him why yet, as I know it'll probably upset him.

"Love, are you okay?" Mason asks and places his hand on mine.

I snap out of my trance and stare at him. "Sorry Mason," I sigh.

"Shaima what's wrong?" He squeezes my hand

"Nothing Mason, it's okay."

"I've known you for over 12 years, I know when there is something up." Mason laughs.

"Did I do the right thing by letting him stay last week?" I ask referring to my father.

"I'm not sure how you want me to answer that."

"I'm only asking is because ever since then my mum has been different with me, even Trent has been weird. Like was it wrong of me?"

"In a way, yeah it was. That's only because of what he had done to you in the first place. But I understand why you did it. He's still your father, and that's a moment you would want to share."

"I don't want him to be in my life but I hated the fact that if I didn't let him stay then he would've never known what his grandchild will be. I at least had to give him that moment."

"I know Shay, and I get it I promise"

"Do you think Trent is mad?" I ask softly

"I can't speak for him shay, for your case I hope not. Plus he loves you too much for him to be even mad"

"I guess you're right," I sigh and take a bite of my food in front of me.

"So I have something to tell you," Mason chirps. I look at him and smile. "Declan set me up on a date yesterday."

I let out a laugh "I'm sorry but who the hell did he set you up with?"

"One of Lauren's friends, trust me she's nothing special to look at."

"Mason that was so mean" I giggle.

"I didn't mean it like that, like she's a nice girl but we didn't hit it off at all. She even said that herself."

"Well I'm sorry Mase, you'll find someone soon" I try to reassure him.

"Eh, I'll just wait for Trent to screw up," Mason smirks and I throw a crouton at him. "I'm joking," he laughs

"No you weren't," I glared

"Ya I wasn't." He laughs and continues to eat. I just shake my head as we continue our conversation. Suddenly Trents name pops up on my phone.

Trent🤍:
Hey when will you be home?

Shaima🥺: I think in a hour.. not sure we are talking about Mason😂

Trent🤍: tell Mase to hurry up, he can't have you forever

Shaima🥺: he begs to differ and said that you need to stop being a shmuck and share. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Trent🤍: I think Mason needs to get slapped

Shaima🥺: calm down he's paying for the food we will be home in 10 minutes

Trent🤍: good, I'll still slap him though

Shaima🥺: shut up😂 I'll see you in a bit