Chapter 42: We're Okay

Shaimas POV:

It's been a week since we came back from the trip and that Trent and I had got engaged. We've gotten many visits and congratulations in person but we have still yet to receive one from Mason. As much as Declan says he's happy for me it doesn't show especially when he is not answering any of my calls.

I convinced Declan to bring him to lunch and basically be the mediator which he tried to fight me about it but soon enough caved in.

"Shaima it's gonna be alright" Trent wraps his arms around my waist. I looked at him through the mirror and sighed. "It's probably just gonna take a bit for him to get use to it"

"He's my best friend Trent, we haven't gone this long without talking to eachother in literally forever, it's even longer than the last time. I caved in after 3 days" I groan and lean back a little which caused him to tighten his grip a little.

"Masons gonna be happy okay, you just have to think positive a little okay. You can't go into this lunch thinking negative"

I turn around and look up at him, "I always think negative"I playfully roll my eyes.

"I know and that's probably the only bad part about you" he laughs and places a hand on my cheek. "Everything is going to be okay, just don't overthink it. He might just be busy with football and stuff"

"I'll try I promise," I smile and give him a quick kiss on the lips. Soon enough we can hear a honk coming from outside signalling Declan was here. "I guess that's my que" I grab my bag and toss it over my shoulder.

"I'll see you after training okay" Trent says and kisses me one more time before I make my way outside. "I love you!" He screams from behind me

I turn around and laugh "I love you!" His famous smile appears on his face and I just laugh and enter Declan's car.

"You guys are weird," he shakes his head and waves to Trent

"Oh shut it Dec you know you love us" I laugh as we start to drive off.

"Ya ya," he smiles "so ready?"

"Do you know why he's been ignoring me?" I ask him

"Not really, we've been both busy with football and I know he had champions league so maybe that's why," Declan shrugs

"Declan, we always make time for eachother" I sigh "let's just hope that's it and that he isn't mad at me or something"

"I don't think he would ever be mad at you Shaima" Declan reassured me. "He wouldn't be able to pull it off, especially Mason" he laughs

"Well I hope you are right, cause I don't know what I would do if he was" I sigh and sit back and enjoy the ride to Masons.

——-

Trents POV:
"Do you think you'll be called up?" Ben asks as we tie up our boots

"If he doesn't then There is something wrong with Southgate" Curtis says from across the room.

"I think I've proven myself plenty of times this season after the break and well if that's not enough for him to see then I guess there's nothing else I can do" I shrug and take off my shirt and throw on the cutoff that was next to me.

"And what does the wife have to say about this?" Curtis smirks

"She doesn't know, I haven't told her about the call ups or anything."

"Why not?" Ben asks

"I just feel that she has so much on her plate the last month since the whole thing with her father and then the miscarriage. I just don't want her to stress over it which I know she will even if it has nothing to do with her because it affects me. I just need her to worry about herself and try to plan this wedding."