Chapter 35: The Waiting Game

Trents POV: 

The Doctors took her in and I dropped to my knees. Tears traveled down my face and it all came out. I soon feel a hand on my shoulder revealing Alex. I get up and pull him into a hug. I started to sob into his shoulder. None of the boys have seen me this vulnerable. But in this kind of situation, I couldn't help it.

"I called her mum, Mason and Declan already. They should be here soon" I pull us apart and nod. 

"Alex who could've done this to her" I breathed out

"I could only think of one person and its not good Trent" 

"And we can't even prove that it was him. He was smart and wore a mask" I groan and take a seat on the chair. 

Right as we sit down the door burst open and in come Shaimas mum and Raph. "Trent wheres my baby? please tell me shes okay! Where is she?" she cries out and stands in front of me

"I dont know, I really dont know they took her in not even 5 minutes ago," I sigh. She pulls me into a hug and I gladly accept it. "I am so scared" I admitted 

"Trent sweetie all we can do is pray. Thats all we have now"  she places her hands on the side of my face and smiles. "I have faith"

I nod and turn around as I hear the door slam once again. This time Mason and Declan was entering the building. "You were suppose to protect her!" Mason yells and points at me. Declan grabs him by his arm and tries to pull him back but it was no use. Mason had got out of grip and pinned me to the wall by the collar of my shirt. "What happened TRENT!? You made a promise to keep her safe and you couldn't even do that!" 

"Mason it happen so quick, no one saw it. Do you really think I wouldn't  do anything to keep her safe? I would risk my own life to make sure that this never had happened." I say calmly

Declan places his hand on Mason shoulder and gives it a squeeze. "Mason don't you see that this is affecting him as well? Look at his eyes Mason," Declan points out. 

"If she dies Trent, its on you" Mason sternly says and lets go of me and takes a seat

"Have you heard anything yet?" Declan asks and I shake my head. 

"She just got admitted maybe 10 minutes ago. We won't know for a while."

He nods his head slowly and makes his way towards Mason and take his seat next to him. Soon enough my family had finally arrived with Perrie following right behind.

I sat in my seat with my hands on my face waiting for someone to tell us something. I didn't even realize that Virgil, Joe, Gini, Andy and Jordan had came in. I look up and see Andy standing in front of me with a sadden look spread across his face. I get up and hug him as well. I needed it, I needed the comfort. I feel the boys gather around us two and the grip get tighter. We all pull apart and I wipe the tears from my eyes. 

"Trent, dont worry too much you will get wrinkles" Virgil points to my forehead and we start to laugh. 

"Thanks for coming guys" I finally say and I feel Jordan pat my back. 

"Shes family, always and forever remember." 

"Always and Forever" I smiled. 

"For Shaima?" The Doctor had came out of the room and my eyes lit up as I heard her name. 

"yes thats me," I spoke up 

"Are you related to the patient?" He asks me

"I'm umm.." I was interupted

"He is her fiance and I am her mother. What is going on with my daughter?" Her mum asks

"So we have a problem. With all the damage that has been done to her lower abdomen, it had damaged her organs and unfortunately had damaged the birth canal. We can try and save the baby but saving it will mean there is a high chance of losing them both." The Doctor states. 

"What are the odds?" Shaimas mum asks

"60-40, 40 being the chance of survival" 

"No, this is a life or death situation and I will not put Shaimas life at risk. Save Shaima, we can always try for another baby in the future" I tell the doctor and he looks at her mum for confirmation. 

She nods and the doctor gives us a reassuring nod and walks away. We turn around and make our way back to the group. 

"What did he say?" Mason gets out from his seat

"They can't save the baby, they could try but that means putting shaimas life in stake and lets say our odds are not in our favour when it comes to that." I tell him

"Mate I am so sorry" Alex says 

"Its about Shaima now, we can always have a baby in the future but right now this is about her and making sure she stays alive." 

Everyone nods and I look over to her mum and say "Ill be right back okay" she nods and I head down the hall. 

I follow the signs and make my way to the small chapel inside the hospital. I sit down on the bench and hold my hands together as I let the tears fall from my eyes. "I am so sorry. Sorry that I havent been the best person my entire life and yes its not fair but I have found someone that makes me a better person than I ever was. But her life is in stake here and I am begging you please dont take her away from me. Please dont take the only girl I have ever loved away. I want to marry her, I want to be the father of her children. I want to make her the happiest person alive. So please, please don't take my love away" I cried no, more like sobbed. The thought of losing her would bring out a different side of me and well, I can't let that happen. 

I feel a hand placed on my shoulder and I look up to see Mason and Declan. "She is gonna be okay, Trent we will get through this all together and we will make sure that monster goes away for a very long time" Declan tries to reassure me but honestly it wasnt working. 

"I am sorry for snapping at you, just the thought of losing her Trent would completely ruin me. I love her man and it would take a chunk out of my heart knowing that I wasnt there to help her" Masons tears streamed down his face. 

"I know Mason, but what matters now is that you are here with us now. I have faith everything will be fine but a little extra prayer wont hurt us" they both sit next to me and we quietly sit there all in our thoughts. But all I could even think about was that once she wakes up I won't hear the last of it. 

_________