Chapter 41: Of Course

Trents POV:

After dinner Shaima and I had went for a walk on the beach. With our shoes in one hand and the other holding one another we take in the sight in front of us.

"How did we get this lucky?" Shaima asks and placed her head on my shoulder.

"It's a blessing to live a life like this" I kiss her forehead "but you know what's a bigger blessing than anything?"

"And what is that?" She giggles

"Being here with you, you are the best blessing anyone can ask for" I smile and look down at her. Immediately her face turns red, "I've been wanting to ask you something for a while now but I guess god said it wasn't the right time." I sigh.

"Trent you're scaring me"

"No it's nothing to be scared about I promise" I smile. "Shaima since the day I've met you I knew right away that we are meant to be in each others lives. Whether it was being friends or being lovers it was always just gonna be you and I. Thank god that I am able to call you mine cause I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for you. You were the one who at my lowest times made me realize who I truly am and that I shouldn't take anything for granted especially if it came down to football and my family. You are the one who brightens my day every time you step into a room. You are the one who I am choosing to spend every minute. The moment I found out that we were about to start a family with eachother made me realize that we were meant to be. So...." I grab her hands and bring her to her feet. "With the permission of your mother, Raph and even Mason, Shaima Adsuar will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" I get down on one knee and pull out the ring box.

Shaimas eyes are filled with tears at this point. "I'm mean like are you sure? I can be really moody and annoying and well I'm also messy and.."

"Shaima shut up" I laugh "and yes I am sure" I smile I was about to open the box but she had cut me off by placing her lips onto mine.

"Of course I'll marry you Trent" I smile wide and pull her into another kiss. "I love you" she says as we pull apart

"And I love you" I finally open the box and her eyes go wide

"Holy shit what the hell" she's amazed by the ring "it's beautiful"

"See I knew you were perfect, you said yes before even seeing the ring" I smirk and place it on her ring finger.

"I couldn't care about the ring," she laughs "and what do you mean you asked Mason?"

"I had to make sure he wouldn't hate me for life if I asked you without him knowing. He's okay with it as long as you are happy" I push a strand of hair behind her ear

"Can't have a angry Mason running around now can we" she laughs

"Exactly," I lean down and kiss her lips one last time. "Now let's get back to our place we have a early flight tomorrow" I place her hand in mine and we start walking back to the car.

"Do we have to leave? It's so peaceful here"

"I promise we will come back, heck maybe for our honeymoon?" I suggest and her eyes lit up.

"Okay that's an option or we travel somewhere new?"

"As long as I'm with you I'm happy with either or" I smile at her and open the passenger side.

"Stop being so corny" Shaima scrunches her nose

"I'm just trying to be romantic" I defend myself

"Well stop it" she laughs "You don't have to change the way you are cause you think it's gonna impress me dummy. You've already done that enough."

"Now look who's being the romantic" I laugh as I get into the driver side.