10. It'll Bloom

It had been two whole days since Louis had last seen Legoshi. His injury hadn't completely healed but he felt way better than the past few days. Though Louis didn't particularly like the hospital's eerie atmosphere, the nurses and doctors were taking great care of him.

However, the red deer had been zoning out more than usual - always deep in thought. He thought back to what his friend had told him -

"You've got a crush on him? Cause' you should've seen the way you were staring at him."

That couldn't be it - Louis was certain that he didn't have a crush on that wolf. The latter tried to eat him whole after all - they're relationship wasn't the best either, they didn't communicate much and thinking back to what he'd done to the poor guy back at his office, things had been awkward. Louis' face reddened at the thought - he shouldn't have provoked the wolf, God that's embarrassing...

The handsome red deer could admit that he didn't mind befriending Legoshi but considering what the wolf had done - his crimes, it didn't feel right to 'befriend' him. He wanted them to get closer and to know each other more but it never really felt right. The two of them? Friends? Completely opposite people - with completely different ways of thinking? Herbivore and carnivore? That can't be. They couldn't be friends and couldn't be lovers either - never, and the reason he was at the hospital to begin with was like rubbing salt in the wound. Not that I want to be his lover he thought with his face as red as a tomato.

Louis would appreciate it if a friendship bloomed but they just couldn't.

That just couldn't happen between them.

"So Louis, mind telling us about what happened? If you can describe the person that did this to you," the police officer paused - waiting for an answer, small notebook in hand, ready to scribble down any clues the red deer could give - "anyone we should know of that could be a potential suspect...?" He finished seeming desperate.

"I'm sorry officer but... I have no idea of who did this..." The two policemen - a zebra and a kangaroo, both had perplexed looks on their faces hearing the injured red deer's statement. "Alright, can you at least describe what you remember?" Calmly questioned the zebra as his coworker sighed.

"Well... All I remember is that I was heading to the auditorium, everything else is a blur though." Responded Louis - trying to maintain his composure. The red deer kept on stretching the truth. He couldn't quite put his finger on why he was doing all of this for that pitiful grey wolf. Louis believed that he should've been feeling some form of resentment towards the latter, yet he couldn't bring himself to despise him.

Deep down Louis didn't want Legoshi to get into trouble - if the others found out, that tall grey wolf would be done for - kaput. He would have to face so many difficulties.

A saddened smile formed onto the zebra's face before the kangaroo spoke - "Alright son, if you can't remember anything then this case won't be getting anywhere for now. We'll be heading out - have a nice day." "Goodbye."

Louis let out an exhausted sigh as the policemen left the room with Mobaru trailing behind. Louis could see the angered expression his friend wore before he as well had exited the room.

。o°✥✤✣  2.2  ✣✤✥°o。

A/n The police officers are married.