5

(🎶 Dedicated to the one I love - The 5 Royales)

Monday, July 22nd

I couldn't believe it, the day was here. It was Monday and my first day at St: Nicolai.

My nerves were slowly torturing me and my hands were shaking and already dripping with sweat.

As my hair and makeup were ready, I took a deep breath in front of my mirror. My curled blonde hair was perfectly brushed with every straw and my cheeks were blushing pink, contrasting my natural pale white skin.

I had to be settled for this, as my profession was not like others, it was important to be both physically and mentally stable to treat the patients at the hospital.

I left my house and got to my car to begin the drive to the hospital. I listened to the radio on the way to keep myself calm and sang along with the playing song, 'Dedicated to the one I love' by The 5 Royales. I thought that I probably would meet with Donald or Margret when I arrived at the institution, which made me feel a little bit more comfortable since I met the two of them the last time I was there, knowing they were both friendly and welcoming.

As I reached the institutional area, I parked my tiny black Renault 4cv on the lot for the personnel before I stepped out. The fresh wind of summer immediately hit my face when I stepped out of the vehicle.

I placed a cigarette between my lips and lit it up to breathe in the toxic smoke as one last attempt to calm my mad nerves before I began to walk towards the entrance. I reached the big locked gates, threw the cigarette on the ground and stubbed it out before I stepped inside the booth on the left side of the gate to use the telephone for someone to let me in.

I recognized the voice on the other side of the telephone line, Margret. Her sweet voice made me feel welcome. After only a couple of seconds, the gate was unlocked and I immediately met with another familiar person, Donald.

A big smile covered my face. He was handsome in his blue, guardsman uniform. It made him look bad and masculine with the truncheon hanging by his hip in the broad black belt.

"Hello, Donald, nice to see you again," I said with a friendly voice the second we made eye contact.

"Ms. Frazier, very nice to see you too. Welcome to St: Nicolai," He replied politely.

"Thank you," My voice was filled with exaltation as I answered his welcoming words.
He made a gesture with his hand which told me to step inside the gate and I followed after his statement. As we reached the big castle-like building he opened the door for me and I smiled at him once again.

"Good luck on your first day, guess I'll see you around," Donald's voice was flirty, and after Friday night's comment, it was obvious that his eyes were open for me already. I blushed for myself as I thought about the drunk man telling my friend that he looked forward to seeing me pass by every day.

"Thanks again, Donald. See you,"
I walked away from him and met with Margret in the reception instead. Her kind eyes covered by the big round glasses met with my own and I smiled instantly at her sweet face.

"Welcome, dear," She said before she started writing on a piece of paper lying in front of her.

"Thank you, miss?" I realized I only had heard Ms. Schwartz call her Margret right after the interview.