58: Even the grumpiest bastard likes cheese

Start from the beginning

"Mhm" Eren hummed, smiling to himself while working and listening to him. Levi probably didn't see himself that way but he was actually a really good teacher and he kept teaching Eren about all kinds of things; cooking, different drinks, exercise techniques, sex, muscle anatomy... It was like he couldn't quite help himself, which was funny because otherwise he wasn't at all a talkative person. He wondered if he was like this with less experienced employees at work too. Probably not, but maybe now and then?

Man, he really wanted to see him at work.

"You know to be careful with raw chicken right?" Levi asked while casting an eye at his cutting technique.

"Hmm... Salmonella right? Use a separate cutting board and all that. Yeah".

"Good" Levi nodded. "You should turn on the stove now. There are skillets in the top drawer over there" he said and nodded in the right direction before continuing to smoothly slice and break the cauliflower into small florets.

With the help of Levi's instructions he then proceeded to heat extra virgin olive oil and butter, season the chicken and then start searing it on medium heat.

"Looks good" Levi said after a few minutes. He had just finished mixing together parsley, bread crumbs and some sort of cheese in a bowl and the seasoned cauliflower were in the meantime baking in the oven.

"How do you know if it's cooked through?" Eren asked, studying the chicken with his arms crossed.

"You can learn to know based on certain signs but it's preferable to use a thermometer to know it's reached the right inside temperature."

"Hmm... See, god placed all my sense of intuition into architecture design" Eren said, eyeing Levi with a jokingly warning look.

"Hah" Levi smirked, "well, look in the same top drawer". Eren chuckled.

When the inside temperature almost had reached the desired 165 degrees F Levi instructed him to first add some pesto and mozzarella cheese over each piece of chicken, then some basil leaves, tomato slices and balsamic reduction.

"God, this smells so good" Eren grinned while watching the mozzarella slowly heat up and melt just the right amount.

"Like I said, pretty fail safe" he said and took out the finished cauliflower. Mid-through cooking he had added the cheese mix, apparently it was Parmesan, over the cauliflower and it now had a perfect brown color.

"Yeah, even the grumpiest bastard likes cheese right?" Eren said, looking at the food hungrily. His stomach was reminding him that lunch time now seemed decades ago.

"Probably" Levi replied and handed him a plate.

That had actually been really fun, Eren concluded. He'd found no interest in cooking before but doing it together with someone, especially with that someone being Levi, turned out to be really fun and rewarding. This discovery only added to the excitement Eren still was feeling from their talk earlier about eventually living together.

After they had eaten and cleaned up they decided to go out for a drive in Levi's dear muscle car. It was a clear day and the sun was just starting to creep towards the horizon, casting gorgeous pink light across the pale blue sky.

Levi offered him to take the driver's seat this time and Eren immediately agreed. As soon as he actually sat there however he stated feeling a tiny bit of nervousness mixed in with the excitement. He hadn't ever been the car crazy type, but who didn't get excited by this kind of car? He adjusted the seat and the rear-wive mirror to fit his taller build and then tried changing gear just to start to get a feel of the classic car that was quite different from anything he'd driven before.