A Father's Soft Spot

I was dragged into some kind of arena, there was a huge crowd cheering. The rat threw me in and the door closed, trapping me in. I was surprised to see Raph and Splinter in here as well.

"Raph?" I said and he left Father's side, coming to me. "Karai! Are you ok?"

I nodded. "I'm fine. What about you and Father?"

"I'll be fine but the soldiers punish Splinter pretty badly, he's in a lot of pain but I think he will be fine." He answered.

"What happened?" I asked.

"They just came out of nowhere!" Raph exclaimed. "I tried to fight them off but there were too many and Splinter tried to fight but he was too injured to fight for very long then they just threw us in here! What about you?"

"The RatKing snuck up behind me. He tried to get me to agree to be the ruler of the 'Rat Kingdom' but I refused and he got one of his pets to drag me in here!" I growled and the giant rat hissed at me through the door.

"M-Miwa?"

My eyes softened when Father called me. I went to him and knelt down beside him. "Father, are you ok?" He looked at me. "I-I'll be fine." He said, shakily.

Raph stood behind me. "Those stupid rats really did a number on him. He's very weak and I think he lost a lot of blood. We need to get him out of here as soon as possible."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, but how? I've run out of ideas." I said before a big bang suddenly turned our attention to the throne where RatKing stood. The crowd cheered as he grabbed a microphone.

"Welcome my family! Tonight, will be the best fight this Kingdom has ever seen! For tonight, we have very special guests! First opponent, the great Hamato Yoshi, the first humanoid rat to have been created!"

Splinter glared at him as he groaned in pain and as the crowd screamed louder. "Our second opponent, Hamato Yoshi's only daughter, Hamato Miwa!" My eyes turned serpent and I hissed under my breath. "And finally our last opponent, one of Hamato Yoshi's sons, Hamato Rapheal!"

Raph growled and walked a few feet in front of us. "If you think we're going to fight each other RatKing then you must be more crazy then I thought!" I stood next to him. "There's nothing you can do to make us!"

RatKing smiled wickedly. "Are you two sure about that?"

Suddenly, we hear Splinter moaning and gripping his head. He rolled around back and forth trying to fight off whatever was happening to him. I didn't know what to do, all I could do was watch.  "Father!"

He then stopped and slowly stood on his feet when he opened his eyes, they were glowing bright red...like in my dream. Both Raph and I took a step back.

"Oh no, not good! This is bad!" Raph said, fearfully.

"Splinter, kill your son and fight the girl but keep her alive! I need her for a test subject!" RatKing ordered and my heart was pounding in my chest.

Someone threw a sword at Splinter, he caught it and before we could do anything, he attacked. He went after Raph first. "Sensei, snap out of it! Come on, Father, I know you can fight him!"

He yelled desperately but his words weren't getting through. I jumped on Splinter's back trying to get him away from Raph but he ripped me off and threw me away. Raph was blocking Splinter's attacks with he's sais as best as he could but Splinter managed to kick him, sending him in my direction.

"We gotta find a way to snap him out of it!" Raph said in determination but I shook my head. "I don't think we can, Raph! RatKing and the soldiers drained every bit of strength he had left, I doubt he will be able to fight him out of his mind!"