New Mission

This could not be true, this has to be some kind of joke. Raph and April saw Shredder's blades go through his chest. Leo, Donnie, and Mikey saw him throw him off the Wolf Hotel building. There's no way he's alive! No one can survive something like that! Not even him. 

"I know this is a lot to take in but it is indeed true." Master Yuuta said. I looked at him like he was crazy. "Are you serious?....He died!...he got stabbed in the chest and thrown off a freaking building! The turtles buried his body in the ground! How can he be alive?!"

Yuuta sighed. "Let me show you." Another strange door appeared and this time showed Splinter's memories.

Splinter was meditating in his room but cringed as he kept hearing voices. "Soon you will be mine Hamato Yoshi, it's only a matter of time." Splinter then saw a version of Shredder killing him. "No!" He shouted and opened his eyes. 

He panted and held his shaky hands to his chest, taking slow deep breaths to come himself. "Calm yourself, Yoshi. You know what is to come, you just have to hope it doesn't come true." A knock came from his door and Leo came in.

"Master? May I come in." He asked. "Of course, Leonardo." Leo walked in and kneeled in front of him. "Sensei, y-you're not sick or anything, are you?" He asked which caught Splinter off guard. He was confused why his son would ask that.

"No. Why do you ask?" Leo played with his fingers nervously. "W-Well, you've been acting strange lately. You've been saying things like 'life is short and we should take advantage of it' and 'family is important so we shouldn't do things we'll regret because there might be a chance that it will be too late to make things right.'"

Leo then rubbed his arm. "I-I know you've said stuff like that before but it's more constant now. So, I just sorta been wondering if everything is ok, that you're ok?"

Splinter cursed himself for being so obvious and making his son worry. He didn't even realize he had been doing this, he just wanted to teach his sons how important life is before he might...no longer be a part of it himself. He was afraid mostly for his family.

Splinter smiled at him. "I am fine, Leonardo. I am sorry that I worried you. I have been acting this way because after I almost died in the undercity, I realized just how important life is." He lied.

Leo smiled. It made sense that after almost dying his Father would be acting strange. So, he accepted his answer much to Splinter's relief. "Ok, I was just wondering. I'll get out of your hair now." As Splinter watched him go he couldn't help but think what would happen if Shredder does kill him.

'How would they survive without me? They're still only children. They have grown, yes and have proved that they could handle any challenge but they still rely on me.'

Leonardo still depends on him to help him through his emotions and problems when he is lost. 'What if I'm gone and he would forever be lost?'

Raphael has gotten better at controlling his anger but he has thoughts and emotions he doesn't feel comfortable sharing with anyone other than Splinter. 'What if he goes back to losing control?'

Donatello still overworks himself when he thinks he needs to solve every problem and always needs Splinter to remind him that he can not and shouldn't pressure himself over things he can not control. 'What if he will be more determined to solve problems before they even happen?'

Michelangelo still clings to him like a child when he is scared or lonely. To this day he still sleeps in his bed when he has a nightmare. 'What if he will forever feel lonely?'