Chapter 26 : I Love You

Jay strokes sunghoon's head as he snuggles into jay's hand.
"I'm proud of you for making it out.. n for staying after everything"
"Well i can't leave you can i" sunghoon said
"You can... but i hope you don't"
"Never!" Sunghoon giggled
Jay gives sunghoon a kiss before tucking him in.
"You can begin physiotherapy tomorrow, are you excited ?"
"I'm quite nervous..."
"I'll stay with you throughout, you can do it"
Sunghoon smiled widely with much determination to get better

The next day quickly came. Sunghoon was both nervous and excited
The nurse pushed sunghoon to the rehabilitation centre while jay sticks by his side throughout.
Sunghoon couldn't do much other than trying go squeeze a ball or wiggle his toes. He did that for the whole day and thanks to his determination, he was able to squeeze the ball with light force.
A bright smile formed on jay's face. "I'm so proud of you! You did so well" jay exclaimed, making sunghoon smile.

Day after day, sunghoon did the same activities over and over again. He was getting a little impatient at the progress, he wanted to walk, to run, to skate.
"Please let me try walking please please please doctor"
"I'm sorry you just aren't ready for that yet"
Sunghoon was sad and gloomy, pouting while staring at his feet.
"Hey, there's no one here. We can try walking but we should be careful ok" jay whispered
"Really ?"
"Of course ! Have i ever lied to you?"
Sunghoon smiled and shook his head. That made jay feel hurt on the inside, he knew how much pain he caused to sunghoon yet he doesn't remember and only knows the good he did for the past few days. No matter how much he wishes that sunghoon doesn't remember the mistake he made, he rather sunghoon remember as it was still part of the ladder in their love.

Jay sat sunghoon up and held onto his hands, carefully pulling him up. Sunghoon almost fell but thankfully jay was holding onto him.
Jay guided sunghoon along, taking little steps. All the exercises he did previously helped him a lot.
Sunghoon was beaming.
"Thank you jay ya" he said, looking into jay's eyes with much warmth and love
"You're welcome, my hoonie." Jay returns the gaze exactly the same way
They say in unison : "I love you"