Incoming War

Duncan's POV:

Well, well, well, now we realy are in deep shit, if Blackheart has the Darkhold... the first logical thing he will do is to empower Predator, but that if he decifers the book in time.

But now comes the question... how the bloody hell did he get his hands on the Darkhold?

Zarathos: 'I was aware that Robbie took the book into a dead dimension, so that no person could find it.'

Yeah, after the incident with his uncle... hmm...

Well for now let's focus on what is going on, and that reuniting the team, yep, after Yang, Weiss and i went through the portal we arrived in the front of a giant house and met with Qrow, he was quite surprised to say the least.

Yang quickly met with Ruby, at first Ruby was ready to run thinking that Yang was angry beacause she kinda ran away with Ashley to Haven, but Yang went for a hug, shortly Weiss joined in as well.

I saw Ashley coming from what i asummed to be the kitchen with a smile.

Ashley: "Took you long enough bonehead."

Duncan: "Soooo, no hug?"

She just rolled her eyes as we hugged, what? I the fuckmothering Ghost Rider, The King of Hell and PTSD inducing flaming skull, have a soft spot for my sister.

When we separated i noticed something wierd, something at Ashley changed.

Zarathos: 'Partner, i don't wanna ruin the moment, but i think it's better to tell her about Laila.'

Hmm... fuck...

I was gonna take Ashley outside to talk privately, but Yang called me over, she had a worried look? She gave me the same look along the way.

Duncan: "Hey, Ash, can you wait for me outside? We need to talk, just the two of us."

Ashley: "Sure bro, take your time."

Ashley went outside, and i made my way towards Yang.

Duncan: "Sooo what's up firecracker? Thought you will spend some time with Ruby and the others."

Yang: "That i will do, but i just wanna... how do i say this? Are you... alright?"

Duncan: "Yeah, i think i'm alright, but where is this coming from?"

Yang: "It's just... when i saw you coming back, you looked... dead. Whatever happened must have been pretty hard."

Well, i felt like i killed myself when the blade went through Laila's chest, and trust me, even i can't kill myself...

Duncan: "Don't worry about me, i just had..."

Yang: "To say goodbye. Did you do it?"

Duncan: "... yes."

Yang seemed somewhat convinced, so she chose not to press any further.

Well time to deliver some bad news, plus that box i got from Laila, still curious what's in it.

Going outside i saw Ashley waiting for me, i found myself in what appeared to be a balcony, quite a big one, Ashley was sitting on a bench.

Ashley: "So what did you want to talk about?"