🚧MARINE MAGFARLEN 15🚧

[Previously on Marine Magfarlen]:
"Juniper," he tests the name on his tongue.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Juniper looks up at him, "I tell you an entire story of my tragic life and thats all you have to say?" She questions.

"What the fuck am I supposed to say? Sorry for your loss? Everything is going to be fine?" He yells.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Where are we going?" She ask's.

"To our new home. I have a cabin a few kilometers away," he answers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Juniper in bed, awakes to a crummy wooden interior. It appears to be ancient with a fair-sized window. Still in her grubby white night gown, she walks over and peers through the window.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I used a boat. There's a lake a few walks from here," Enzo says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She dives into the murky waters that compliment her pale porcelain skin.
______________________________
Song chapter inspo: Legends of Runeterra Version - Breathe

Juniper has yet to call Jessica and apologize. She admits to herself that she was being selfish for feeling that way. She doesn't want to lose her childhood best friend.

She takes out her phone and calls her but she isn't picking up. She's probably just ignoring her calls. Juniper decides to text her.

Juniper: Jess, pick up the phone. I need to talk to you about something.

She calls her one more time, and Jessica finally picks up.

"What do you want?" Jessica ask's in a monotone voice.

"I want to apologize about my behavior yesterday. I was being unreasonable. We're best friends, we're supposed to be there for each other. Just like you were there to save me, I want to be there for you during this time of your breakthrough. I want to be the person you share good news with and celebrate your happiness. I'm so sorry for being so selfish Jess, I really am," Juniper apologizes.

Jessica sighs. "It's okay. I'm sorry for yelling at you. That wasn't cool," Jessica says.

"It's fine Jess. I hope you're happy," the red head says, wiping the lone tear off her cheek.

"I am. I hope you are too," Jessica replies.

"I guess.. I'll talk to you later," Juniper cuts the call.

She wasn't able to tell Jessica about the police force ascertaining her location.

Her phone suddenly rings. She stares at the screen and it's the same unknown number that Courtney calls from.

Juniper picks it up. Before the voice could say anything, she yells, "What the fuck do you want Courtney! Why the hell do you keep calling me!?"

"I want to play," the small innocent voice replies. It continues, "I'm outside. Come out and play".

Juniper screams in anguish, she smashes the phone to the ground as she yells, "Leave me alone!". Her hair goes unkempt as she caresses her scalp. Tears stream down her cheeks as she continues to yell.

Enzo shows up and grabs Juniper. "What's wrong?" He ask's.

He makes her face him. "Courtney... She's alive," she sobs.

"Impossible! She's dead Marine- I mean, Juniper," he corrects himself.

"I'm not lying! She calls me. She just called me a moment ago". She points at the shuttered phone on the ground.

Enzo holds her blotchy red cheeks. "Dead people can't call. Someone is probably playing a prank on you," he assures.

"No. The voice sounds just like Courtney," Juniper tries to convince him with tears in her eyes.

She pulls away from him and grabs a bag of cocaine, emptying all it's contents onto the table.

She gets a card, forming rails on the heap of cocaine and snorts it through a straw. Closing her eyes, she drops her head back, inhaling it.

Enzo, who is concerned watches her. "Why?" He ask's.

"It helps calm my nerves," she replies, still with her eyes closed.

"I would rather you see the doctor," he suggests.

Juniper opens her eyes. "Are you calling me crazy?" She questions.

"No, I just feel you should get help before the symptoms persist and worsen," he responds.

"So you don't believe me?" She ask's.

"Juni-," he tries to say something but she cuts him off.

"You know what, don't even bother". She walks out of the dining room and makes a turn into the hallway that leads to her bedroom.

She changes into a short, white summer dress and after being done, she heads out of the cabin barefoot.

The 12pm sun hits her face. She squints as she runs through a path, towards a cliff. The lake is 25 feet down. She reaches the edge of the cliff and jumps off of it.

She can feel the air around her move rapidly as the gravity pulls her down.

The clear, turquoise water embraces her as she submerges inside it. She gives up, letting the water take over her, controlling every aspect of her body.

Her white summer dress flows in sync with her shoulder length hair.

She holds her breath, taking the time to feel the calming effect that the water has to offer, before she comes back up for air.

Apart from taking cocaine, submerging in water has to be the most calming thing for Juniper. This is probably going to be her favorite pastime.
_____________________________
A/N: Thank you for reading🖤✨ Don't forget to vote⭐