🚧MARINE MAGFARLEN 9🚧

[Previously on Marine Magfarlen]:
"Ive been coming over to fill in the hole. I hope you don't think I'm taking your place," Jessica says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I need to go. The burgers are ready". Jessica cuts the call.

Juniper looks down at her phone screen and tears roll down her cheeks.

A message pops up.

Enzo: what do you say. You and me, getting wasted, at the club tonight?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Strobbing lights, racuos music and inebriated nincompoops cavorting on the dance floor greets them as they make their way in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Let's play a game, truth or dare. I'll start. Truth or dare?" He ask's.

"Dare," she answers.

"I dare you to go up there," he points at the stripping stage, "and make a show," he adds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She straddles the pole and closes her eyes as she slowly propels herself around.

the diamonds on the mask shimmers as the white light shines on Junipers face. A satisfied smirk creeps up on her face.
_______________________________

Jessica is sitted on the couch in Ivan's laboratory, reading a voice frequency based book.

"Ugh, what is wrong with this thing?" Ivan ask's himself as shuffling sounds emit from the server. woah-" something bursts in the server. Ivan puts on his safety googles and stares into the rack screw holes.

"I'll have to call max. That halfwit pledged I wouldn't have a problem with this thing". He takes out his phone and texts Max. He gets up and settles on the couch next to Jessica.

"What are you reading?" He ask's.

"Nothing that involves you," Jessica bluntly replies.

Ivan looks behind her book cover. "Voice frequency? Really? Since when did you start having a thing for technology?".

Jessica ignores him as she intently reads the book.

Ivan ask's, "How is Juniper?"

"She called yesterday... She's fine.. I guess," Jessica dubiously replies.

"Don't you think helping her escape makes us just as bad as the killer?" Ivan ask's.

Jessica looks up from her book. "Are you listening to yourself right now?" She bluntly ask's.

"Ugh. It has just been on my mind. Her dad had called her multiple times," He says.

"How? I thought you said you would dispose the phone," Jessica says.

"Yeah, but that was before I disposed it off. He really misses her. He spammed her inbox with many messages asking her to come back home," Ivan replies.

Diverting the topic, "How old are you?" Jessica ask's, her eyes still fixed on the book.

"That's random," Ivan says. "24," he answers.

A signal on the computer beeps, alerting him of someone's presence. He stalks towards it, and presses the surveillance button. The monitor displays live footage of a guy with glasses on, facing the wall.

"Max is here," Ivan says to Jessica as he clicks 'Approve'.
The wall moves off. Max gets into the elevator and Ivan presses a button, directing it to move 5 floors down.

In ten seconds, the elevator unravels and Max walks in.

"You're so inefficient," Ivan displeased, says.