🚧MARINE MAGFARLEN 12🚧

[Previously on Marine Magfarlen]:
"Congratulations Miss Magfarlen, the car is now yours," the car dealer states.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Juniper pulls out of the driveway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Almost colliding with another car, she quickly diverts her car off the road and hits into a tree.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Miss Magfarlen, I will have to unfortunately consficate your driving license until further notice," the cop says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Okay, so after the bird watching event, we can go feed my ducks and then be best friends for life," the driving instructor says merrily.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Juniper sits at the coffee shop patio, with a black sun hat and dark sun glasses, concealing half of her face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You seem ready for the event, shall we go?" Cherryl ask's.

Juniper seeming helpless, looks back at Enzo who is trying hard to hide his mirth.

She ended up having to go with Cherryl at the event and it was one hell of an afternoon.
______________________________
*2 years later*

*Quack Quack*

You maybe wondering why there is a duck in juniper's house. Ever since driving school 2 years ago, Cherryl believes Juniper and her are best friends, therefore she brings her pet duck for sleepovers on weekends.

Various packs of duck food are sitting on her table. Cherryl left a list of tasks she needs to perform, like bath the duck and feed it 3 times a day. Being the apparent cordial person, Juniper couldn't deny. She hasn't been able to get rid of Cherryl for the past 2 years.

Juniper wants to keep her friend circle as small as possible. And by small she means one friend and that is Enzo. There isn't any room for Cherryl.

Speaking on the phone, Juniper complains, "Ever since she learnt my home, she couldn't stop visiting. I don't know what to do Enzo, I just feel like packing up my bags and moving in a cabin in the forest. I can't stand her duck. I now fathom why she doesn't have any friends".

Enzo chuckles. "Why can't you just say no to her?"

"I can't, I don't want to hurt her feelings. After the sob story she told me about not having any friends and her husband divorcing her because he couldn't stand her duck, I dont want to disappoint her like everyone else did," Juniper explains.

The duck takes a shit on her floor. The red head groans, as she's been cleaning her floor every single hour. She seriously needs to get rid of the duck.

"Just sit down and talk to her about it. Your happiness matters as well. I'm sure she would understand," he advises her.

Juniper wasn't one to be cordial but ever since the death of Courtney, she has made a note to be considerate about other people's feelings. She doesn't want to be the reason of somebody else's death again. The guilt of Courtney's suicide still lives deep inside her, and so, she seeks comfort in drugs.

Unfortunately, the effects of cocaine don't last forever. When she goes back to being sober, the guilt hits back.

"Okay. I guess I'll try," Juniper replies.

"What are your plans for today?" Enzo ask's.

"Nothing much. Just taking care of this stupid duck," she answers in distaste. "I'll get back to you, she needs to take her shower right now". Juniper cuts the call.

"It's time for your shower," Juniper sing songs to the duck. Just as she's about to grab it, the duck fly's over the counter top. It waddles, knocking down dishes and her bowl of cereal. She tries chasing after it but gives up after many failed attempts.

Cherryl is coming to pick up her pet and that's when Juniper will confront her about their friendship.

Her door bell rings. That must be Cherryl. Juniper rushes to the door, relieved that the duck will be leaving.

She opens the door. With a wide smile on her face, Cherryl says hi and ask's where 'Pucket' is. Pucket shows up and waddles over to it's owner. Cherryl picks her up.

"I'm glad you came," Juniper smiles. "Although, I have something I wanna talk about with you," she adds.

"Oh. Before you do, I wanna say thank you for being there for me and Pucket these past few years. I can't explain how hurt i've been until I met you. You were like a light in a dark tunnel. You're the only person who hasn't hurt me and I'm extremely grateful for that". She sobs, pulling Juniper in for a hug.

Still rigid, she let's Cherryl embrace her. Oh no, now how will she tell her?

Cherryl pulls away and ask's, "What is it you wanted to say to me?".

"Nothing," Juniper fibs.

"Alright. I hope Pucket hasnt been misbehaving," Cherryl states.

"Well, I wasn't able to bath her because she kept on waddling away," she responds.

"Aww, isn't she cute? Just feed her some buttermilk biscuits and I swear, she wouldn't be of any trouble. We will try that next week, huh?" Cherryl ask's.

Juniper, inwardly groans. This is her life now. She will have to babysit a duck every weekend, instead of going to the club and drinking her ass off.

"Bye. See you again next week," Cherryl heads out.

No please, Juniper thinks to herself, Lord kill me before this woman does.
______________________________
A/N: Thank you so much. This chapter has had me cackling my ass off. Juniper was foreshadowing when she mentioned moving into a cabin in the forest👀
That's it for filler chapter's, let's get back to the real things, shall we? Next chapter will first be about Detective Reagan and then following up with Juniper.

Cordial- warm and friendly.