🚧MARINE MAGFARLEN 6🚧

[Previously on Marine Magfarlen]:
"I'm a New Zealander," Juniper prevaricates.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A message tab pops up.

Ivvy Ivan: How do you like your new home?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fresh hot water cascades down her body causing strands of her hair to stick on her back.

Hanging her head low, she shuts her eyes tightly as streams of water drip down from her face.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She takes a lock of her hair and snips it with a pair of scissors, letting it loosely fall down beside her feet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I want to go through with this procedure, regardless of the risks," Juniper in the surgeons office, responds composedly.

Laying on the operating bed; blinding, surgical lights are shone on Juniper.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She hums a tune to her favorite song when suddenly her phone rings.

Picking it up, a young, soft voice says, "You thought you could escape from me.."-
______________________________

She recognizes that voice.

"Hello!? Courtney!? Courtney, is that you!?" Juniper ask's in apprehension.

The red head pulls her phone away from her ear when the line suddenly cuts.

What is she thinking!? Courtney is dead. Is she hearing things? Are the drugs that she's been taking causing her to hallucinate?
No, she definitely isn't.
Could it be that the ghost of Courtney is haunting her?

She tries to call the number but it says,"the number dialed does not exist".

This rampaged feelings of foreshadowing.

Juniper decides to block the number and not think way much into it. She takes her cup of coffee and heads into the living room. Using the remote control, she turns on the TV to the news channel.

"-She allegedly lit herself on fire, 5 months ago," a reporter, reports.

Juniper, relaxed, sips her coffee.

"A suicide note that was written by her, was left at the crime scene, stating she was being bullied at the Scottish high school".

Upon hearing that, juniper is alarmed. Are they talking about Courtney? She listens intently.

The reporter continues, "Friends and family mourn their beloved, as they pay tribute for the last time".

A video of the high school students laying flowers and letters at the memorial site, is shown.

"The victims family and friends share their sorrow."

It switches to random students narrating on what Courtney was like and how much they miss her.

A pang of guilt hits Juniper.

"Courtney and I were best friends," girl in glasses cries whilst another male student grasps her shoulder to calm her. Juniper recognizes her. She was the girl that nudged her in the PA session, letting her know that her remarks about Courtney were inconsiderate.

Her name is Isla, according to the screen. Said girl continues, "Courtney, deserves justice!"

"Investigations are still being carried out. The alleged bully, Juniper Williams, is no where to be found," the reporter states.

A picture of Juniper appears on the screen.

Oh no. Juniper turns off the TV. Her palm flies to her mouth, as tears brim in her eyes. She doesn't care about the fact that she is a criminal on the run, but because of the pain and guilt that stings her whenever she's reminded about Courtney. Courtney would have still been here if it wasn't for her.

The red head endeavours to forget about it, but it doesn't seem like it's going to settle down anytime soon.
*
Next morning, Juniper heads out of her apartment in a tracksuit, mirroring the color of the grey sky. Her speed increases as she jogs through a path, with tall trees at either sides.

Heavy breathing ensues as sweat trickles down her forehead; but Juniper doesn't stop.
With headphones in her ears, she listens to Sweater Weather by the Neighborhood.

She suddenly slows down to a halt at the edge of a cliff. The red heads chest heaves up and down as she stares at the land below. She looks up and closes her eyes, visualizing herself jumping off the cliff, but she suddenly backs away before sprinting back home.

Taking her trackpant off, it hits the floor and she steps into the shower.

Stepping out with a white towel wrapped around her, she heads back in her room, getting ready for the afternoon.

Instead of pursing a career for financial gain, she chooses to take part in gambling, which she just began doing recently. That's where she's heading to.

She isn't ready to find a job and live like a normal person.

She dresses up in a tight fitted, burgundy dress with a slit, and puts on red stilletos.

I need a car, Juniper concieves as she applies makeup to her face. And not just any random car, but a luxurious one.

Today, all ten players will be taking the risk of placing a NZ$100,000 bet each. If Juniper wins, she gets NZ$1,000,000 all to herself.

One thing about her, she is confident. She is positive that she is going to merge victorious. Juniper applies red lipstick and stares at her reflection with a smug countenance, before turning on her heels and grabbing the briefcase containing 100 grand.

She heads out and gets into the vehicle that she hired for the day.

The driver speeds off towards Junipers destination.
*
Stepping in through the huge, golden doors, a round, shiny, wooden table sits at the centre of the room with nine wealthy men sitting around it, awaiting Junipers arrival. A stack of banknotes has been placed in the middle of the board.

The smell of whiskey and cocaine permeates the air. One man inhales a lungful of a white substance through his nose.

She pulls out a chair and takes a seat. She places her briefcase on the table, and opens it with a click, showcasing 100 grand.

"Shall we play?" She says in a sultry tone.

Cards are being shuffled and dished out. Juniper picks up her cards and a satisfied smirk tugs at the corner of her lips.

She has the King of hearts, Queen of spades and 7 of diamonds. She's in luck. The red head is just one step ahead of winning this.

Being the first one, Juniper picks a card; it's the 2 of spades. She needs a number that follows up with 7. Either 6 or 8. She drops the 2 of spades. The next man follows up, picking his card. He looks disappointed. Juniper is sure he isn't anywhere close to winning.

They all watch intently at what card he drops. It all goes round until the last man picks a card. He grins sheepishly and says "fellas, say goodbye to your wads. Im winning this". He drops a 8 of diamonds.

Juniper leaning in, picks up the card he just dropped and replies "I don't think so." She lays her cards flat on the table for all to bare witness. "Stashed" she says, but her smirk vanishes when player number 3 shows his cards. He has superior components; therefore, he wins.

Before he could say anything, Gunshots ring. The racous noise causes them to flinch and they all abruptly lay flat on the ground except Juniper. She gets up in hopes of escaping the shooting, until someone behind her yells "Get down!" He collides into her, forcing her to the ground. He also lays flat on the ground, coming face to face with a familiar mug.-
_______________________________

Mug- A persons face.