Chapter nine

There was a small knock on the door that made me open my heavy eyelids. It was now dark outside and the only light coming into my room was from the full moon outside.

The knock came again but it wasn't coming from the direction of the main door. I glanced over at the balcony doors and saw a dark figure standing there. I climbed out of bed slowly and made my way over. As I got closer I could make out some of the guy's features.

I opened the door and gave Nightwing a puzzled look. "How'd you know I was here?"

"I told you, you were easy to track."

I rolled my eyes, and leaned up against the door.

"I'm not telling you. Now go get changed."

I huffed but went back into my room and started rummaging through my luggage, which I still haven't unpacked.

I finally found my suit buried in with my clothes and changed in the bathroom. I walked back out onto the balcony and Nightwing wrapped his arms around me.

"Are you alright? We don't have to train tonight if your upset."

How does he-?

"What makes you think I'm upset?"

"Well you just moved in with the dad you never met, and you still have tear stains on your cheeks." He said resting his forehead on mine.

I wiped my cheeks with the back of my hands and sighed. "I'm fine. It'll be good for me to punch something."

He smiled a little and kissed my nose. "Even if it's me?"

"Yep." I smirked pushing him back playfully. "Now come on, I don't have all night."

-(trying something don't hate me for it!)-

((Nightwing/Dick POV))

I was helping Emma with her stealth moves, trying not to flirt, when Robin's voice rang out through my headset.

"Nightwing!! Emergency!!"

"What is it?"

"The joker has hostages at a nightclub downtown and Batman's on a mission with the league! I need your help now!"

"Which club?"

"The Iceberg Lounge."

"We're on our way Robin." Emma said coming out of the shadows.

"We?"

"Yes we. Nightwing there's hostages! You two need all the help you can get." she said giving me an, I'm-not-taking-no-for-an-answer look.

"Fine. But your in charge of getting the hostages out. That's it." I said firmly giving her the same look.

"Fine."

I tossed her, her helmet and climbed on my bike. She climbed on behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist tightly, pressing herself into my back, so I could feel her body heat and the soft thump of her heart.

I drove full speed, weaving through the cars still on the highway and came to a screeching halt behind the Iceberg Lounge.

Jason jumped down from a nearby roof and walked over to us, raising an eyebrow as he seen Emma. "Why's she here?"

"You try to get her to stay away." I grumbled pulling my helmet off.

"I can hear you both." she said rolling her eyes.

"So why is Joker attacking Penguin?" I asked ignoring Emma just to push her buttons.

"No idea but I'm assuming it's a ploy to get us. Oh not you Em." Jason said glancing at Emma who was fuming away.

Night life (A Nightwing and original character Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara