Chapter Eighteen

I woke up in a cold sweat with my heart beating rapidly.

I had another nightmare. I've been getting a lot of those lately for some reason, but this was the worst one yet.

It was nearly pitch black in my room but I could make out Dick's muscular silhouette laying next to me.

I calmed down a bit and carefully climbed out of bed pulling Dick's t-shirt and my underwear on, before heading to my bathroom.

I closed the door quietly and turned the light on, squinting at first before my eyes adjusted.

I splashed a little cold water on my face and leaned up against the sink for a minuet recalling my nightmare.

"Emma?" Dick's groggy voice startled me and I turned my head to look at him. "Are you alright?"

He was only wearing his boxers and his hair was messy and hanging in his face a little, making him look even more attractive.

"Yeah." I muttered trying not to stare at his perfect chest. "I just had a weird dream."

He looked too tired to question me further and simply wrapped his arms around me from behind, and rested his chin on my shoulder."Come back to bed?"

"Why do you need a cuddle buddy?" I teased.

He nodded and buried his face in the crook of my neck adorably.

"Okay."

I felt him smile against my neck and he picked me up bridle style. I flicked the lights back off as Dick carried me back to my bed and set me down, climbing in beside me.

He wrapped his arms around me again and I snuggled into his chest feeling safer with him.

"What was your dream about?" he whispered.

"You and me, back on the bridge where we first started to train together." I muttered feeling some tears well up in my eyes.

He gazed at me through the darkness and brush some hair away from my face. "It was a nightmare wasn't it?"

I nodded and he pulled me even closer. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'd rather sleep." I whispered making him chuckle lightly.

"Okay."

He kissed my forehead and closed his eyes.

"Dick?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

He kept his eyes closed but I could see him smile through the darkness.

"I love you too Emma."

_________

I groaned and worked my eyes open, as I stretched out my sore muscles.

It was still fairly dark in my room due to all the heavy curtains being shut, and Dick was still asleep, with his one arm draped over my stomach.

I poked his nose and he groaned, opening his eyes.

"Morning." I smiled innocently.

He rolled his eyes and yawned, making me yawn.

"Ready for hell from Bruce?" he muttered.

"You mean what he was giving me before was heaven!?" I asked.

"I don't think you'll be able to storm away this time tho." He said ignoring my comment.

"I don't storm away! I make a dramatic exit." I stated making him chuckle.

"Especially the one yesterday. All tho I did enjoy the kiss."

I rolled my eyes and pecked his lips making him smile.

There was a soft knock on my door and Dick and I glanced at each other.

"Doesn't sound like Bruce."

"But it could be a trap."

"Emma it's Megan. I just wanted to drop off the stuff Wally took." Megan's voice sounded in my head and I sighed.

"It's Megan." I sighed, rubbing my forehead.

"I see she's already worked her way into your mind." Dick mumbled getting up and grabbing his pants off the floor.

"Unfortunately." I muttered getting up as well and adjusting Dick's shirt so it covered me better.

I unlocked my door and opened it to see her in ordinary clothes and her skin was pale and human looking other then green. She had a large bag in her hands, which I assumed contained my weapons.

She looked over what I was wearing and glanced behind me where Dick was still getting himself together.

"Oh... I um, didn't mean to uh..." she stuttered looking mortified.

"Thanks for bringing my stuff back Megan, I appreciate it. Would you like to come in and hang for a bit?"

"N-no I'm good. I should probably get back. I have training." she said already backing away.

"Well if your sure."

"Yeah. I'm sure. Thanks tho!" she left quickly and I smirked closing the door again.

"I would love to see how your brain works sometimes." Dick said wrapping his arm around my shoulder and kissing my temple.

"Now you sound like Megan."

"It's better then sounding like Bruce." he shrugged.

"That's not fair, I actually have his DNA, so I can't control it." I pouted leaning into him.

He kissed me and ran his hand over my scar gently.

"Will I ever get this shirt back?" He asked tugging on it slightly.

I laughed and went over to my dresser grabbing some clean undergarments. I pulled his shirt off and tossed it to him before slipping on my bra.

"There happy?" I asked looking at his shocked face.

"Yep."

"Pervert."

________

Dick and I slowly made our way down stairs for brunch, listening for any smashing or yelling.

We entered the dinning room at separate times, Dick going in first and me waiting patently outside around the corner.

When a good two minuets of silence went by, I went inside to see Bruce sitting in his regular seat at the head of the table and Dick and Jason in their usual spots.

Bruce looked up from his newspaper and gave me an unreadable expression, and I quietly sat down next to Dick.

"Thank you." I muttered as Alfred set a plate in front of me.

I felt uneasy and nervous about what was to come, and started thinking about some good defences.

"I'm happy for you two."

"You can't-! Wait what did you say!?" I asked not believing what I heard.

"I'm happy for you two." he said, sounding like it physically hurt him to say it. "Jason made some excellent points last night and earlier this morning, that no matter what you'll find away to be together. And I'm happy both of you found someone your willing to break the rules for. Even tho they're my rules. And your my daughter and son."

I felt so relieved and thrilled and glanced over at Jason mouthing thank you.

'Your welcome' he mouthed back.

"Thank you Bruce. Emma means the world to me and I'm glad you finally see that." Dick said interlocking our fingers.

"I have always seen that Dick. I just didn't want to admit it." he said before pushing his plate away. "Thank you Alfred but I'm not hungry."

He stood up from his chair and headed for the doorway. "And Emma. You start training tomorrow."