Chapter Twenty Four

((Nightwing/Dick's POV))

"EMMA!!!" I screamed as I watched her plummet down into the water.

I was about to let go myself and dive in after her when someone grabbed me and hoisted me back onto the bridge. It was Conner, and the rest of the team stood behind him.

"Let me go!" I shouted trying to break free of his grip. "EMMA!"

Conner kept me from running back to the edge and everyone was silent. I finally gave up trying to break free and sunk down to my knees as tears started to pour from my eyes.

I rested my head against the bridge and covered it with my arms as I cried, not caring that everyone was watching me. "If you just held on a little longer..."

I heard the screeching tires of the Batmobile and lifted my head a little to glare at it.

Batman jumped out and came over looking first at me then to everyone else. All their faces held sorrow and they were silent.

Bruce clenched his jaw and slowly walked toward the edge of the bridge.

"Aqualad send a team to search the waters, the rest of you search around the shore lines." He order not taking his eyes from the water.

"Yes sir." Aqualad muttered before he and the others left.

Batman turned back to me and I sat up on my knees carefully. "You should've killed him. You should've killed him after he killed Jason!! Now Emma's gone too!"

His head hung slightly but his facial expression didn't change. I stood up and started to walk away from him.

"Where are you going?"

"To help find my girlfriend's body." I spat bitterly.

___________

((?????? POV))
(Three days later)

I stood quietly over the girl as she slept, watching her chest rise and fall faintly.

Mother had fished her out of the ocean and brought her here as a prisoner. She's to be questioned once she wakes up... if she wakes up.

I volunteered to watch her since I found her fascinating, and grandfather thought it would be good if I took some more responsibility.

I was brought out of my thoughts when the girl started to cough and choke. I quickly knelt down and helped her sit up on the mat.

She continued to cough and sputter out saltwater and I patted her back trying to help. Once her coughing fit died down she glanced up at me with appreciation.

"Who are you and why have you come here?" I questioned narrowing my eyes.

She looked surprised by my sudden questions but cleared her throat as best as she could.

"M-my name i-is Emma." she croaked weakly. "A-and I d-don't even know w-where I am."

I was about to question her further when mother entered the room.

"Ah I see our guest has awoken." she said flashing a fake sweet smile toward the girl. "I'm Thalia al Ghul and you are?"

"E-Emma."

"Well Emma, you've had quite the trip. Your lucky to be alive."

"I get that a lot." She muttered making mother smirk.

"I believe my father would like to meet you. I'll arrange for a meeting in the morning, until then Damian will keep you company. Isn't that right Damian?"

"Yes mother." I replied.

She flashed another fake smile and exited the room, leaving me with the girl again.

"Thalia al Ghul..." she mumbled mother's name quietly. "I've heard Bruce mention her when he was talking to Dick..."

Her lip quivered at the end of her sentence and I quirked an eyebrow.

"Who's Bruce and Dick?"

"Bruce is my father, and Dick... he... was my boyfriend..." she said as tears brimmed her eyes.

"Was?"

"I don't know what happened to him... I hope he's okay."

"Only the weak have hope."

She looked up at me and sighed. "How old are you Damian?"

"Eight."

She looked surprised at first but then shrugged her shoulders. "There's been worse."

After a few minutes of silence, she struggled to her feet and took a wobbly step, nearly falling on her face. I watched her stretch out her legs and arms carefully and walk around the small room several times, getting used to moving again.

"So where are you from?" I asked getting bored.

"I grew up in New York with my mother but moved to Gotham City almost a year ago to live with my father." she replied still snapping and cracking her joints.

"Gotham City? I've heard mother talk about that place several times."

She shrugged and cracked her knuckles. "I guess it's pretty well known."

"Is that where Dick is?"

She paused and nodded. "I think he's still there... I hope he's still there, and alright. I don't care if I sound weak." she added in with a slight glare.

"You should probably rest before you meet grandfather." I said after another moment of silence. "Your going to need your energy."

She nodded and walked back over to the futon, sitting down on it cross legged. She patted the spot beside her and I gave her a confused look.

"Sit." she said nodding to the spot with her head.

"Why?"

"Because it's getting late and you should rest too."

"I have my own room."

"But you can't go there since you have to watch me. Your prisoner."

I stared at her questioningly and she rolled her eyes. "I'm not an idiot. I know who Thalia al Ghul is and her father Ra's al Ghul. I'm a prisoner and I'll probably never see my family again so..." She trailed off shrugging her shoulders. "Why fill myself with false hope? That's even weaker."

I remained silent and she patted the spot again. I rolled my eyes but sat down beside her. Her arms wrapped around my shoulders and she hugged me to herself making me go stiff.

"You do realize I can kill you easily." I grumbled trying to shift away from her.

"I know but I wasn't going to get out of here alive anyway."

I sighed and gave up my struggles letting her rest her head on my shoulder and drift off.

It's too bad she's right...

__________________________

A/N

Yay she's alive! Don't hurt me for the last chapter please, I want to continue to write!

*clears throat*

Anyway I'm done school!!! Hooray!!! Summer!!! ☀😎

Thanks again for reading my book hope your enjoying it and that I didn't make you cry in the last couple updates... sorry about that again.

Byes!!!

Kalea2013