Chapter Twenty Eight

((Nightwing/Dick's POV))
(Two days later in Gotham)

I watched as Emma did a skillful flip onto the next roof and land on her feet continuing to run.

"You can't run from your dad forever!!" I shouted starting to chase her again.

"Watch me!!" she shouted back speeding up.

I've been trying to get her to go back to the manor to see Bruce literally all day but she's been dodging me.

I lost sight of her and sighed in frustration looking around. Why'd her suit have to be black!?

I finally caught sight of her on a nearby roof and shot my grappling hook over to swing down.

I landed behind her with a soft thud and she glanced back at me but didn't move from her spot.

I walked up beside her and peered over the edge of the building to see Batman and Robin fighting the penguin.

"Of course I run into him." she mumbled making me chuckle a little. "Who's the kid?"

"That's Tim-"

"So he just replaced Jason." She said angrily cutting me off. "Figures."

"Emma Jason's al-" before I could finish telling her she jumped down the twelve story building.

She grabbed a street light before she hit the ground and swung off it landing on her feet. I whistled before following after her.

She walked causally over to the fight throwing and nocking down the Penguin's goons if they came at her.

"Who is that?" I heard Tim ask Batman as he had Penguin now hosted up off the ground by his collar.

"The name's Nuit." Emma said pulling her gun out of it's holster. "I suggest you put the bird down."

"What are you doing!?" I exclaimed trying to snatch the gun out of her hands.

She pulled out another gun and pointed it at me. "Repaying a debt. Now put the bird down."

Batman set Penguin on his feet and slowly started to raise his hands in surrender.

"Get lost." Emma growled at Penguin and he quickly scurried off.

Batman took his chance and tried to knock the gun out of her hand but Emma was too quick.

She jumped up and kicked him in the side of the head before wrapping her one arm around his neck. One of her guns was pointed under his chin while she held the other to the side of his head.

"Nice try Bats." She growled.

"That's enough." I said grabbing one of her guns before pulling her away.

"Nightwing you know this woman?"

"Good to see you too Bruce." Emma said glaring daggers at him through her mask. "And I'm glad to see you found a replacement for Jason."

"Stop it." I hissed tightening my grip on her arms so she couldn't kill anyone.

"Who the hell are you?" Batman growled taking a step closer to us.

"You don't remember me? Or did you just replace me so well you didn't notice I was-!"

"Stop it Emma!" I said harshly cutting her off.

"Emma?" Batman asked in disbelief. He stepped in front of us and I continued to hold her in place as she squirmed.

Batman took off her mask and looked at her face closely.

"It is you."

She narrowed her eyes at him before glancing over at Tim who looked absolutely confused.

"How-" Bats started.

"You know, I'm getting really sick of answering that question." Emma growled in annoyance.

Batman sighed and signalled me to release her. I let her go and she instantly snatched her mask back and put it on.

"You haven't told her yet have you?" Batman asked me as Emma started to walk away.

"No she doesn't know yet." I sighed feeling like an asshole for not telling her.

"I don't know what?" she asked pausing and looking over her shoulder.

"Jason's alive Emma." Batman said.

I could tell her eyes widened even tho they were hidden behind her mask and she turned completely around.

"Where is he!?"

_________

((Jason/Red hood's POV))

"Any last words?" I growled standing over the thug with my gun pointed at his head.

"Good to see you still show some mercy." Said a voice from behind me.

I turned my head to look and the guy made a run for it. I quickly pointed my gun at his back but before I could pull the trigger a bullet went straight into the back of his head.

I turned around completely and a girl wearing a black jumpsuit and a white mask stepped out of the shadows with a gun in her hand.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one that's okay with breaking the Bat's rule." she said putting her gun back into a holster on her hip. "I missed you Jase."

"Who are you?" I asked in confusion, still aiming the gun at her.

She removed her mask to reveal a face I thought I'd never see again.

"Emma?" I instantly lowered my gun and outstretched my arms.

She ran into them and hugged me tightly as a few tears slipped out of her eyes.

"Dick told me you were dead." I said squeezing her tighter.

"And I though you were dead!"

We both chuckled a little and I pulled away from her to look at her face.

"You look amazing Em."

"I'd say the same thing if I could see your face." she said motioning to my helmet.

I removed it and ran a hand though my reding hair before taking off my eye mask.

She rested a hand on the side of my face and her eyes scanned my face before meeting my own.

"Look at you..." she muttered with a small smile. "You really do look amazing."

She stood on her tip toes and pulled my head down some kissing my forehead before hugging me again.

"You didn't have to grow so much." she mumbled with slight annoyance.

I chuckled and pulled away from her again putting my eye mask back on as she did the same.

"Do the other's know your alive?" I asked as we started to walk toward the thug's dead body.

"How else would I have known you were alive?"

"Because your smart."

"True."

I rolled my eyes and we both grabbed one of the guy's ankles dragging him back into the alleyway to dispose of his body in a dumpster.

__________________________

A/N

Hey guys just a heads up I'm at camp for the next week and the rest of this week so no wattpad 24/7! 😓 I also sprained my wrist so yeah it makes stuff kinda tricky.

Updates maybe late and less frequent.

Sorry guys.

Byes! Hope you have a great week! 👋

Kalea2013