Chapter Five

I rushed down the street to mine and Nightwing's usual meeting spot but stopped dead in my tracks when a shadow flew by over head.

I readied myself and placed a hand on my bow staff. I heard something drop behind me and spun around, pulling the staff out as well.

A rock came flying at my head and I hit it out of the air with the staff, only to receive a blow to the stomach. I doubled over briefly but straightened up ignoring the pain. Another fist came flying out of the darkness but I managed to block it.

Soon it turned into a full out battle with me matching the guy blow for blow. I finally got the upper hand and hit the guy directly in the gut with my staff at full force. When he doubled over I raised my knee up to knock him out, but he grabbed my other ankle and pulled me down so I landed painfully on my back.

He straddled my waist and pinned my arms down by my sides. We were both breathing heavily and he leaned forward toward my face,"Not bad for only three weeks of training." He chuckled.

"Thanks I try."

Nightwing got off me and helped me back up to my feet. It's hard to believe it's only been three weeks since he started training me, I've learn so much.

"I think you left a bruise this time." he teased touching his stomach and wincing slightly.

"You leave a bruise on me every night, so quit sulking."

He laughed and gave me a look that sent a chill down my spine. He wasn't glaring at me like usual, it was a different look, one I've never seen before.

"What?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing." he muttered looking away from me, "Come on let's get up top."

I followed him to the fire escape and he gave me a leg up. I climbed up to the roof with him trailing right behind me.

"Ready?" he asked getting his weapons out.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I muttered spinning my bow staff.

He ran at me and I quickly jumped into the air and kicked off his back and landed on my feet.

"Not bad. But use more force when you push off so you can knock the enemy to the ground." he informed before launching into another attack.

I managed to block him but he dropped down and swept my feet out from under me. I fell to the ground nearly smashing my head against the concrete roof of the complex we were on. I groaned and he reached down to help me back up.

"You alright?" He asked sincerely

"Yeah." I mumbled rubbing my sore back.

I have a feeling I'm going to end up on the ground a lot again tonight.

____

I was right. I was taken to the ground at lest eleven more times before I finally managed to pin Nightwing.

"Finally." I sighed, resting my head against his chest which was rising and falling rapidly with his breathing.

He let out a quiet chuckled and shifted slightly under me, "It only took you thirteen tries this time."

"Shut up." I grumbled lifting my head to look at him.

He smiled genuinely and I couldn't help but smile back. I rolled off him so I was laying beside him.

"Same time tomorrow?" he asked turning his head to look at me. I nodded and a faint smile appeared on his lips, "Good."

He turned his head back so he was looking up at the black sky, "There's still no sign of the Joker or anyone else for that matter."