Chapter Sixteen

I've been seeing Dick secretly for nearly a week now, and Bruce doesn't suspect a thing... I hope.

I glanced over at him in the hall and he smirked as I passed.

"Hey legs." Wally greeted, making Dick slap him in the back of the head with a scowl.

I chuckled and continued on my way to my locker, with the two trailing after.

"Jeez you didn't have to hit me so hard!" Wally whined rubbing the back of his head.

"Then don't call her that."

"Jeez it's only been a week, and he's already overprotective." Wally mumbled.

"He has been since the day I met him, so it's really nothing new."

"You call it overprotective, I call it keeping my loved ones safe."

Wally gasped, putting his hand over his heart. "But you've never called someone out for cat-calling me!"

Dick rolled his eyes and I laughed putting some books in my bag.

"I will if it ever happens."

"Ouch."

"Aren't you suppose to meet Connor somewhere?" Dick asked obviously getting annoyed with the redhead.

"Yeah, yeah. I can take a hint." He said adjusting the straps on his backpack. "Don't draw to much attention to yourselves. You are siblings after all."

Dick glared at his back as he exited the school and I chuckled.

"So Connor's Super-boy right?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah."

I nodded and continued to pack up the rest of my stuff. "Are we getting Jason?"

"Nah he's going out with some girl. Naomi, I think."

"So it's just us then." I stated closing my locker.

"Yep. Just you and me." he smirked placing his hand on my hip and leaning closer.

"Public."

He sighed and put his hands in his pockets. "Fine."

We walked out of the school together and I could feel Asher's eyes on my back, making me shutter uncomfortably.

"What is it?" Dick asked glancing over his shoulder.

His expression hardened slightly and he grabbed my wrist, starting to walk faster.

"What's going on?" I asked still being towed along.

He remained silent and pulled out the keys to the car.

He glanced around the empty parking lot, before pulling me into his chest and giving me a short sweet kiss.

"What was that for?" I asked suspiciously.

"Just get in the car."

I rolled my eyes and climbed in the passengers side wondering what he was doing, or what he did.

"Soooo...." I trailed off as we drove down the highway.

"What do you want Emma?" he asked with a small chuckle.

"What makes you think I want something?"

"Emma."

"I just want to know what all that was about."

He gripped the wheel tighter and speed up slightly. "I just don't want him to hurt you or make you feel uncomfortable."

"That's it?"