Chapter Twenty Three

I clung onto Dick's waist as we sped onto the bridge. The GCPD was already there blocking off both sides so the Joker couldn't escape.

"Whoa hold up." A cop stopped me from jumping the barrier with Dick.

"She's with me." Dick said.

I smirked and pushed his extended arm out of the way. "I suggest you and the others stay back here where it's safe."

I jumped the barrier and Dick shook his head as we walked toward the centre of the bridge.

"Well look if it isn't my favourite little birdies!!" Joker cackled looking at Dick and I. "But it looks like one's missing! Oh that's right!! I killed him! HAHAHAHA!!!"

I clutched my fists and glared at him through my mask.

"It won't be so funny when your dead!" I growled trying to rush forward but Dick grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"Don't do anything drastic." he said still holding me back.

"That psychopath doesn't deserve prison, he deserves death!" I snapped yanking my arm away from him.

"I like her, she's feisty." Joker grinned.

I ran at him but a bunch of his henchmen stepped in front of me blocking my path.

I jumped up and kicked a few in the head before lunching myself up over the rest.

"Impressive." Joker said clapping lightly.

I pulled out my staff and charged at him, swinging it full force at his head. He just managed to duck but I brought my foot up and kicked him in the stomach making him go backwards. He growled and stood back up.

"You'll be fun to kill."

"I was about to say the same thing." I quipped, tightening my hold on my staff.

He charged forward and I did the same thing meeting him halfway.

________

((Nightwing/Dick's POV))

Emma ran forward knocking several men to the ground with ease before jumping over them to get to joker.

I quickly followed after her, taking out the rest of Joker's goons. I was about to go after her when Harley appeared from seemingly nowhere.

"Where ya goin' nighty?" She asked resting her mallet on her shoulder. "Mr. J wants to welcome your new sidekick to da business, without you gettin' in the way."

"Well tough break Harley, cause she's not my sidekick," I said making her look confused. "She's my girlfriend."

I launched an attack but she blocked it. "Same diff. Mr. J's still gonna kill 'er."

I gritted my teeth together and threw Harley back into the side of the bridge.

She jumped back to her feet and screamed as she rushed at me, mallet ready.

After a few minuets, Harley finally got a good hit and knocked me on my back making me look up. Emma was on one of the beams chasing after Joker who stopped abruptly and turned back around to face her.

"HIYA!!"

I quickly rolled out of the way as Harley brought her mallet down were my head used to be.

I jumped up to my feet and kicked her down before quickly looking back up to see several flashing red lights tied up under the beam Emma was still on.

"EMM-!!!" I started to scream but was cut off as the bombs blew up making her plummet downwards toward the river. "NOOO!!!"

__________

((Emma's POV))

I punched the Joker in the face as hard as I could making him stumble backwards.

I wiped some of the blood from my mouth and started to move toward him again when he took off, climbing up to the support beams.

I took out my grappling hook and lunched it up to the beam he was running to. I pulled myself up as he rushed by me and quickly started to chase after him.

"You'll never catch me alive!!" he cackled.

"I wasn't planning it!" I shouted back.

He stopped abruptly a few feet ahead of me and turned toward me. "Well I'm glad we're on the same page."

I furrowed my brow in confusion at what he said, and he pulled out a detonator.

"Click." He said pushing the button down.

Before I had time to run the beam under me exploded and I felt myself falling through the air.

My scream got caught in my throat and I just stared up in horror as the sky got further away.

I suddenly stopped and my arm felt like was yank out of it's socket.

"I got you!"

I looked up at Nightwing and a small smile tugged at my lips.

I held firmly onto his wrist as he held onto mine and gazed down at me with worry.

The piece of metal he was holding onto, shifted and we both sunk down more.

His gaze quickly turned upward and mine went down to the rushing water below. The metal bent more and I could tell he was having a hard time trying to holding on.

"It won't hold us both."

"Yes it w-will." he said gritting his teeth together.

His face was dripping with sweat and his biceps bulged as he gripped the metal rod sticking out of the broken part of the bridge.

"Dick." I squeaked.

"Y-yeah?" he grunted still trying to hold on.

"I love you."

He looked down at me and I gave him a weak smile. "More then anything... Your the Night to my Wing."

I released his wrist and my hand slipped from my glove as I plummeted down.

"EMMA!!"

I stared up at Dick as I fell wishing, praying, that he'll be okay. I hit the water hard, the air in my lungs getting knocked out of me as I submerged into the darkness.

Be strong Dick, and Jason I'm coming...