Chapter Twenty Nine

(Several months later in Blüdhaven)

I glanced over at Dick as he slept peacefully beside me, his large frame casting a shadow over my smaller one.

I sighed quietly before climbing out of the bed and pulling on my robe, tying the ends together tightly. I stepped out into the hallway and walked down to the living room to stand on the balcony.

I breathed in the early morning air and rested my arms on top of the railing, running a hand through my matted hair.

"Readjusting is harder then it looks."

I glanced up at the Red Hood and nodded.

"I wanted things to be like they were before." I sighed.

"Wanted?" Jason questioned planting both his feet on the balcony.

"I don't know what I want anymore Jase... Everyone's changed so much and we don't see eye to eye."

"When have you seen eye to eye with anyone?" He asked making me chuckle a little.

"Never... But I feel like I'm holding them back. Like I'm clinging to my past and they've already let go..."

Jason sighed and leaned against the railing beside me, taking off his helmet. "You mean Dick Don't you?"

My silence confirmed his guess and he continued to speak. "You have a right to hold onto the past Em. Your life got taken away from you and you were forced into a whole new one... I don't blame you for wanting things to be the way they were before or wanting to change everything completely."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a moment before reopening them to the rising sun.

"I still think you should've became a physiologist." I muttered.

He chuckled a little before turning serious again. "Just know that whatever happens I'll be there for you."

I gave him a small genuine smile and looked up into his calm green eyes. "Thank you Jason... that means a lot."

He gave me a small smile back and turned his head to look at the sunrise over the buildings.

"How far along are ya?"

My head snapped up to look at him with wide eyes. "What?"

He smirked and locked eyes with me again. "My not an idiot."

"That's my line." I grumbled. "And I am not pregnant."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Positive?"

I glared at him and he shrugged. "I had to try."

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the skyline. "Why on earth do you think I'm pregnant?"

"Your moody, hostile, you eat a lot-"

"Your point?" I asked cutting him off. "I'm like that all the time."

"Very true. But if you don't mind me asking when was the last time you and Dick-"

"Yes I do mind you asking!" I snapped. "Your my brother!"

"Shhh! Jeez do ya wanna wake up the entire building!" Jason hissed.

"I. am. not. pregnant." I growled quietly.

He held his hands up in a mock surrender. "Whatever you say miss hormones."

I glared at him again and headed back inside as he put his helmet back on and flipped off the balcony.

I went back into the bedroom and closed the door softly before starting to change.

"What did Jason want this morning?" Dick muttered sleepily.

"Nothing just wanted to talk." I replied glancing at him over my shoulder.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist from behind and he planted a soft kiss on my neck. His fingers traced the scar on my side as he continued to kiss my neck and bare shoulders.

I moan escaped my lips and I felt him smirk against my skin. He spun me around and locked eyes with me, a mischievous smirk tugging at his lips.

"I thought you were tired." I teased wrapping my arms around his neck.

He kissed my neck a few more times before speaking. "Not anymore."

He picked me up easily and set me down on the bed, hovering over me with hands on either side of my head.

Before we could get anywhere I got a sharp pain in my stomach and pushed Dick off, running to the bathroom to empty my stomach.

"Em!? You ok!?" he asked coming into the bathroom and pulling my hair back for me.

"Fuck you Jason." I muttered under my breath as I sat back on the tiled floor. "You've been wearing protection right?"

"Yeah. Why-?" he stopped mid sentence and his eyes widened slightly. "Your not-"

"I don't know."

_________

((Nightwing/Dick's POV))

I stood outside the bathroom waiting for Emma to come out.

I'm going to be a dad... maybe... it could be a fluke or she really is...

I leaned against the wall more and sucked in a breath.

Bruce is going to kill me...

The bathroom door finally opened and Emma held up the test with an expressionless face.

Positive.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I don't know how to feel Dick." she muttered into my shoulder. "Should I be happy or upset or a mixture...?"

"I don't know." I sighed burring my face in the crook of her neck. "But I feel... overwhelmed. In a good way!"

She chuckled a little and hugged me tighter. "Same here."

"So... we're having a baby."

She scoffed pulling away from me. "We're? I'm the one having this thing."

"Thing?" I repeated cocking an eyebrow.

"You know what I mean." she said rolling her eyes.

I smiled a little and place my hands on her stomach.

"You may be having the baby, but we're going to be parents..."

"Shit..." She cursed. "We're going to be parents. This poor child."

"He or she will be fine. What's wrong with us being parents?" I asked.

"The mother is an ex assassin and the father is a vigilante that runs around in spandex with a big blue bird on it." she said placing her hand on her hip.

"We'll be-"

"The grandfather on both sides is Batman, one uncle is the Red Hood, the other new uncle is Robin, and he or she will be surrounded by superheroes and villains their entire life." she continued cutting me off. "This baby will never have a normal life."

I pulled her back into me and pecked her lips. "Who likes normal?"

__________________________

A/N

Sorry if this update kinda sucks I didn't know really how to write it and I'm sooooo tired 😞

So yay!! Their having a baby!! 👏

Don't even ask how Jason knew cause I'm not even sure.

Anyway hope you have a great week! Imma go to sleep now. 😴

Kalea2013 💤💤💤