Chapter Seven

We pulled into a deserted alley by an abandon storehouse and got off.

"Here. Put this on." he said handing me a simple box.

"What is it?" I asked taking the lid off.

"Your new suit."

My eyes went wide as I pulled out the two piece suit and cape.

"It took awhile but I finally managed to get it done. I hope it fits right." he mumbled.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed jumping forward and hugging him.

He chuckled and hugged me back lightly. "You should try it on and see if it fits."

I nodded and pulled away from him. I walked behind an old crate and started to change into the suit.

The top was a light grey colour with pink fasteners and a matching pink cape, and utility belt full of gadgets. The bottoms were a maroon colour with matching boots, and a pair of gloves.

I stepped out from behind the crate and gave a small twirl. "It's perfect. But pink isn't really my colour."

He smiled and came closer to me, pulling something out of his belt. He gently titled my chin up some and slipped a simple black eye mask over my head.

"There now you look like a superhero." he muttered.

"Or some idiot in a mask and tights." I mumbled back.

He chuckled and leaned in closer to me. He kissed me softly then pulled away from me completely.

"Come on I still have another surprise."

I followed him up to the roof of the building and he pressed a finger to his lips in a silent shhh.

He pointed to a skylight and I curiously crept forward to look down through it. There were at least a dozen men packing boxes with what looked like drugs.

"Ready for your first real fight?"

I smiled at him and nodded enthusiastically. A small smile spread across his face and he walked up to the sky light. "Stealth, or abrupt?"

"Do they have guns?"

"Probably."

"Stealth."

"Your no fun." he teased taking a glass cutter out of his belt and setting it on a panel.

It cut a perfect circle and he lifted it out carefully. "Ladies first."

"You trying to kill me?" I questioned.

"Fine I'll go first." he smirked at me and jumped down through the hole.

Instead of using his grappling hook, he just dropped onto a table in front of a butch of the men.

"Didn't your mothers ever tell you not to sell drugs?"

"Get him!!"

Sure enough they had guns. They all pulled them out and pointed at Nightwing, who did a backflip into the air and landed on the ground gracefully to begin fighting.

So much for stealth!

I sighed and took a running start toward the opening and dived through it. I pulled out my grappling hook just in time and shot it up to one of the supports. I swung forward and extended my feet to kick a guy in the head. I dropped to the ground and instantly I was surrounded by men with guns, all pointed at me.

"Hey guys!" I said waving slightly. "No need for guns. We're all friends here."

I head a few of them cock their guns and gulped.