Chapter Thirteen

((Emma's POV))

I laid in my bed quietly only half listening to Alfred as he stood in my doorway.

"Ok." I mumbled through my mass of pillows and blankets.

I heard him sigh and his footsteps fading away down the hall.

It's been nearly a week and I've been avoiding Dick as much as possible, and crying. It helps that Bruce, or should I say fucking Batman, forbid Dick to be alone with me, and the fact Jason won't let him within three feet of my room.

I groaned after awhile and got up. From what I sorta heard Alfred say, was that he was taking Bruce to a charity ball, and Dick and Jason left this morning on a mission that might take a few days to complete. So I was home alone to wallow in my own sorrow for the night.

I put on a pair of shorts and a tank top and went down to the gym to pretend a punching bag was Dick's face.

___________

His shaggy black hair, beautiful midnight blue eyes, and sexy smirk.

Maybe mom was right, when she said I could visualize things too well.

I brushed away a few tears and continued to punch the bag with all my might.

"This is for lying! This is for nearly killing me! This is for using me! This is for making me fall for you!" I shouted, my voice cracking and betraying me at the end. "For being so damn charming, and nice, and attractive, a-and... and."

I broke down into tears and sank to my knees in fits of violent sobs. "I hate you... b-but... I love you."

I heard a loud crash from upstairs and quickly snapped back to my senses. I quickly and quietly made my way back upstairs and started looking around.

A small table in the hall was knocked over and a thin trail of blood led to Dick's room.

All my anger and sadness was replaced with concern and worry as I threw the door open.

Dick was laying in his bed, blood dripping from between his fingers that were clamped to his thigh. A girl with bright red hair falling from a batman mask hovered over him and looked at me as I burst in.

"Em-ah!!" Dick groan and clung to his leg tighter.

"What happened!?" I asked rushing over to his side and very gently moving his hand to look at the wound.

"He got reckless and got hurt. This is why I told you not to develop feelings for someone like her." she said directing the last part to Dick.

"Fuck off Barbara." Dick hissed through gritted teeth.

I pushed him back against his pillows gently and glanced at Barbara. "You can go now."

"Like you can help him."

"And you can do what for him exactly? Other then piss him off and run him into a table." I snapped back standing up. "I'll be right back Dick."

She gave me a death glare but I ignored it and rushed to grab the first aid-kit and a lot of pain killers.

I came back to see Barbara gone and sighed mentally.

I have enough enemies as is.

"Here take these." I handed him a couple pills and a bottle of water and he down them.

I used the small scissors to cut his suit open a bit more to see the wound better and grimaced. The bullet was buried pretty deep and it was going to hurt like hell to take out.