Chapter Two

'The Joker has escaped yet again from Arkham with several accomplices, including Harley Quinn, The Riddler, and two face.' the news reporter informed as she stood in front of Arkham Asylum. 'Sources say that there has been several armed robberies and twelve people shot, by these four. And on behalf of me and the rest of Gotham I would like to say, Batman where are you? We need you to save us. This is Ma-'

Uncle Stan shut the TV off and stood up from his easy boy, "It's nearly ten." he grumbled glancing at me.

I nodded and stood up from the couch to head upstairs.

'Where is batman?' I wondered as I climbed the stairs to the attic. He's been missing for nearly a week now and Gotham's criminals are having a field day.

As soon as I reached the top there were several loud shots. Guns. I looked out the window and saw black smoke filling the sky. It looked like it was on the next block over.

My heart started to pound rapidly and I heard a faint, terrified scream. Thinking quickly I grabbed my glasses, a laser pointer, and some tools to tweak it. I slipped a large black hoodie over my head and swung the window open. I pulled myself up onto the roof and ran across it to the large oak tree in the back yard.

I climbed down quickly and ran as fast as I could down the road as I started fiddling with the laser pen. I reached the source of the smoke which was coming from the gas station and saw none other then the Joker himself and Harley Quinn.

"Well well well... What do we have here?" came a voice from behind me.

I jumped and spun around to face a man in a bright green suit and ski mask.

"A wannabe vigilante perhaps?" he cackled.

"Your... your..." I stuttered.

"We're the bad guys sweetie." The joker said coming around in front of me, "And we're a lot tougher then we look."

"Yeah and we look pretty tough. haha!"

"Shut up Harley!"

I took my chance since the joker was distracted and pulled out the pen.

"A pen? Your weapon is a pen?" he asked, "What are you going to do write us a ticket?"

"Hahahaha!"

"Harley!"

"Sorry mr. J."

"And people wonder why I'm insane." he mumbled under his breath,"Get the girl we'll use her as bat bait."

I gulped and the henchman and Harley moved forward. I turned the laser part of the pen on and pointed it at Harley who shrieked in pain and jumped back.

"That's a real laser Jokey!!"

"Oh your a smart girl huh? Bringing a real laser." he mused, "To bad this is a gun fight."

He pulled out a pistol and pointed it at my chest. I took a small step back and the Joker started laughing hysterically, "Not so tough now are we!?"

My scream got caught in my throat and everything went into slow motion as he pulled the trigger. My sad excuse for a life flashed before my eyes but before the bullet could hit me I was tackled to the ground.

I glanced up and came face to face with a man in a black mask. His face was emotionless as he stared down at me.

He mumbled something I couldn't catch, and stood up pulling me with him. He shot something into the air and wrapped one of his arms around my waist. Next thing I knew I was flying through the air and landed with a thud onto a nearby roof.