Chapter Twenty

(Two weeks later)

I tugged my gloves up some and smoothed out my hair as I followed Dick into the Team's headquarters.

"You look fine Em." Dick said rolling his eyes. "It's just the guys anyway, no big deal."

"No big deal!?" I hissed. "The entire Team is going to be watching me, assessing me... judging me!"

"Since when do you care about what other people think of you?" He questioned.

I sighed and moved closer to him. "Since I could be humiliated and lose you..."

To Barbara. The bitch- I mean Dick's ex... That's been trying to win him back for the past month, probably for longer actually.

His expression softened and he grabbed my hand interlocking our fingers. "You've already humiliated yourself enough around me, and I won't let anything come between us again."

He pulled me into him and kissed me softly before pulling away and walking through a door/tunnel thingy.

As we walked in a computer announced Nightwing's arrival and Kaldur and Wally greeted us.

"Hey Em, long time no see." Wally said wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"We saw each other last week." I said rolling my eyes playfully and removing his arm. "Good to see you again Kaldur."

"Likewise Emma."

"Oh look, Miss brainiac's here." Artemis said coming from some other part of the building. "Or should I say Mrs. Greyson?" she smirked making Dick glare at her.

"Good to see you too Mrs. West." I quipped back.

"Touché."

"The others are waiting for us in the training hall." Kaldur informed ignoring Artemis and I. "We shouldn't keep them much longer."

I nodded and followed them to the training hall since I had no idea where it was.

Conner, Megan, and some of the other members were inside and instantly started evaluating me in their heads.

"Great..." I muttered under my breath as I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"Do you, do this to all new members?" I questioned.

"Only the ones we think have great potential."

"Sure." I said rolling my eyes. "Aka someone in here-"

Barbara.

"Thinks I'm not good enough to join and you want me to prove myself. Yada yada yada, who do I fight?"

Please be Barbara...

"Aqualad."

"What?"

"If you can last in a fight with him your obviously fit to be on the team." Megan said coming over with Connor.

I'm dead...

Dick obviously sensing my unease place both his hands on my shoulders from behind. "You'll be fine." he whispered. "You've fought me."

"Yeah but that's you."

Before Dick could say anything Barbara came over with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"Hey Dick. Emma."

"Hey Babs."

"Bitch." I muttered under my breath.

"What?"