Chapter 15

I woke up around noon with Jason still snuggled into my side fast asleep. I carefully moved his arm off me and started to edge my way out of his bed.

"Talk to him." he mumbled as I made my way to the door.

I rolled my eyes and exited his room, closing the door quietly behind me.

I walked down the hall toward my room to take a shower and get new clothes that weren't covered in nearly a day old blood stains.

"Emma."

I jumped hearing my name and spun around to look at Dick. He was wearing regular clothes and was on crutches, with his upper thigh expertly wrapped.

"Dick what are you doing up?" I asked taking a small step back.

"I wanted to talk to you. I need to talk to you." He said correcting himself.

"Can it wait? I really need to shower." I said taking another step back. "It'll only take a little bit. I promise we'll talk right after."

"Emma-"

"I promise Dick. Right after I'm done."

He sighed and I rushed into my room and slammed the door shut locking it.

I do want to talk to him... I just don't want to fall for him... again.

I blew out a long breath and ran a hand through my matted hair, and over my face.

This is going to be the longest shower of my life.

I headed into my bathroom and I stripped out of my ruined clothes and started the water to let it warm up.

I glanced in the mirror and ran a few fingers over my scar gently.

"You aren't going to be the last one are you?" I sighed before stepping under the spray.

________

After what seemed like an hour I turned the water off and wrapped a plush towel around myself.

I let out a small sigh and opened the door leading out into my bedroom.

"Nice legs Em."

I jumped and tightened my grip on my towel. Kid Flash was sitting in one of the chairs gawking at me.

"What the hell are you doing in here Wally!?" I shrieked angrily.

"Whoa how do you know who I-"

"I'm not a complete idiot! Now get out!!" I yelled glaring at him.

"Relax I'm already taken, besides Dick has dibs on you."

"Wally!"

"Ok ok! Look I'm just suppose to make sure you don't skip out on him."

"Well I'm not now get the hell out of my room!"

"Fine." he said standing up. "See ya around legs."

He ran through the open balcony door and down the side of the mansion. I slammed the balcony door shut and closed the curtains before getting dressed.

I brushed my hair out, then brushed out again, and again, and again, and again. I did everything imaginable to put off talking to Dick.

I finally sighed, putting my glasses on and heading out into the hallway.

I slowly approached the door to his room and raised my hand to knock when it swung open, surprising both me and Dick.

"Sorry I kept you waiting." I muttered glancing down at the floor, away from his handsome face.

"It's fine..." he murmured, moving back and motioning me inside.

I slipped by him and he closed the door softly before turning to look at me. With his beautiful blue eyes that I could get lost in... and his perfect smile that melts my heart...

"I think I'm-" we both start.

"Sorry, you go first." He offered.

"No, you. You're the one that wanted to talk."

He let out a deep breath and locked eyes with me, making me shutter.

"I think- No. I know I'm in love with you Emma... I know I've told you this before but I do mean it. Ever since the first time we met your all I could think about. I didn't realize it at first but I fell for you. Hard." He confessed. "I don't know what I would do if I lost you, that's why I didn't tell you who I was. You liked Nightwing, but Dick Grayson was some rich kid that turned out to be your brother."

I didn't realize I'd moved closer to him until he moved some hair away from my face.

"I know your going to hit me, so just do it."

________

((Nightwing/Dick's POV))

I told her. Now I'm probably going to lose her forever.

She had moved closer to me throughout my confession with an unreadable expression.

I brushed a bit of her hair behind her ear and gave a weak smile.

"I know your going to hit me, so just do it."

She raised her right hand a little and I closed my eyes bracing myself for the blow.

Her soft lips met mine making my eyes snap back open in shock. I closed my eyes again and wrapped my arms around her waist making my crutches clatter to the floor.

"I love the man under the mask." she whispered pulling away from me.

I couldn't help but smile and she pecked my lips again. "I'm in love with you Dick Grayson."

I tightened my grip on her waist and pulled her closer, connecting our lips again. She opened her mouth a bit and I didn't hesitated to slip my tongue in.

"About time."

We pulled away and I glared daggers at Wally as Emma buried her face in my chest.

"Get out."

He smirked and glanced at Emma and a small blush appeared on his face. "Nice to see you with clothes on Em."

"Wally." I growled.

"Bye!"