Unspoken Truth

The growling echoed as I walk my way to the cell doors. I slowly entered my hand thru one of the cell holes. Their large eyes widened and was on their way to hiss at me.

"Ssh..This will help you" I calmly said and made a small circle with my finger. The circle left it's form and flew its way to the monster. They took one whiff and after a few seconds, they got as calm as if they were already half asleep.

The monster was in much pain, in the lungs due to the lack of air and their size did not match up with the cell room.

'How long have they been here?'

Before I could do anything else, the monster fell asleep unsoundly. The doors to the prison-tower was heard opening downstairs. I held my breath as I heard the steps from some guard, going up the stairs.

"Y/N?"

I have heard that voice before.

"Up here!" I whisper-yell to not wake the beast up. I slowly and carefully walked back downstairs to meet the familiar guard halfway.

"Hi Steve!" I said and walked up to him.

"Oh Y/N!" Steve said and hugged me tightly. "I got so worried about you! Well- not as worried as the Golden Guard is. Are you okey?"

Steve pulled away from the hug to face me. I couldn't see his face due to the mask, but he was genuinely worried, from the sound of his voice and body language.

"I'm okey now, Thanks Steve" I said and we started to walk down the stairs together.

"But why are you looking for me? Aren't you on work duty?" I asked and Steve looked at me as he rubbed his hands.

"Well Yes- or not now obviously but before.." He started.
"I was on patrolling duty in 'Cuticle Valley' and.. we were looking for.. your father" Steve finally admitted.

I felt my face drop from the word 'father'. With all that has happened recently, I haven't given much thought of my father. He must be worriedly sick!

"My father? Why- why my father!?" I questioned and stopped by the end of the stairs. Steve held my arm to keep me in place, and my head.

"We did not find him but.." Steve said and got quiet. But I got impatient. I took Steve by his arms and shakes him a bit.

"But what Steve?" I asked again. The worst scenarios filled my head as the seconds runs by. Steve just shakes his head.

"I'm sorry Y/N, i'm not suppose to tell you, it's emperor Belos orders" He said and I felt my tears coming up.

"Please tell me.." I said as I almost lost my voice.

"Forgive me Y/N, I shouldn't have come here at all. This was a mistake of mine, my apologies" Steve said as he rushed thru the prison doors.
I tried to run after, but the wound wouldn't let me. I tried my best to jog up to him as he pass the doors. But I would soon realize that it didn't matter to call out to Steve or reach the door handles, the door was locked and Steve was gone.

{Steve's pov}

I held my hands over my ears to not hear Y/N's cries and yelling.

I wanted to tell them, I REALLY WANTED TO! But.. My coven mark started to burn in my skin, which means that Belos knows what I was going to tell them. Belos have ears all over the castle, or at least that is what I have heard from the other guards.

As I walked thru the hallways I saw the golden guard. I took a deep breath as I walked up to him.

"Golden guard" I said.

"Steve? Why are you here, aren't you on patrolling?" Hunter asked.

"Yes I was, and I made the mistake to come see Y/N. I really feel the need to tell them about the news." I said. Hunter's face looked confused.

"What news?" He asked. My eyes brows raised in surprise.

"You don't know? We are on patrolling to find Y/N's father Mr. Alinac. But we can't find him anywhere." I answered but he didn't look like he understood.

"I don't follow, why?" Hunter asked and I almost felt the same energy from Hunter as with Y/N in his voice.

"It's emperor Belos orders, Mr. Alinac shall be Petrificated, soon enough..."