Thanks for the trust

It is so cold, and the cold air that flows in from the open window doesn't help much either. The window was sitting to high for my reach to cover it, but I didn't have anything to cover it with either, so it doesn't matter.

It's probably 2 am and I'm still not asleep. But could you really judge me? I just got locked up in the dirtiest cell by the emperor for not helping him with his curse, I don't have a bed so i'm forced to sit on the ground, and I have handcuffs attached to the wall behind me, allowing me to stand 2 meters away.

My thoughts goes to my dad, who is probably out in the woods trying to find me. But not even the comfort thoughts of my dad could warm up my freezing body.
Then the door opened. And I could already guess who it was, even at 2 am.

"The golden guard!" I said ironically, switching my position to face the cell gates. "Are you here to manipulate me with your wise words?"

The golden guard looked at me with one hand on his hip. It was to dark, but not dark enough for me to see that he didn't have his mask on. Sadly, he had his hood over his head, making a shadow over his face. What a disappointment.

"You should really consider to sleep, insomnia is not something i would recommend" The golden guard said while walking around in the room.

"You tell 'me' to sleep? You are the one night-visiting me at 2 am! Also, if you haven't noticed yet, I don't have a BED!" I said loudly. He covered his ears due to the echoing.

"We aren't sleeping, but the rest of the castle is, so 'be' quiet!" He whisper-shouted at me.

"I maybe could have been sleeping right now if it wasn't so unfamiliar.. environment." I said while looking around the empty cell, and in the corner of my eye, I saw him nod just a bit.

"Well? How do I set the mood then, your majesty~?" He asked.

"Ugh, first off, you really need to get better at teasing because boy, the nicknames sucks. Second off all, you can take me outside for a walk?" I said with a touch of hope in my voice. The golden guard putted his hands crossed, simply saying no while shaking his head.

"Oh, so.. you are not the best guard?"

The golden guard immediately stood in defense. "Of course I am! I am 'The Golden Guard, the emperors right hand!" He said loudly, then slapped his mouth to get quiet.

"Well..if you are the best guard..wouldn't it be easy for you to have an eye on a 'little witch' like me?" I asked teasingly. The golden guard then took his staff and teleported himself away. I guess he didn't like to be teased. He came back after a minute, now with his mask on. He opened the cell gates and was on his way to help me with the handcuffs.

"We are out for just a half an hour, so be grateful" He said while taking off the handcuffs.

"I sure am grateful, Goldie~" I teased as an response. I bet his face turned red, I only wish to see his face. He grabbed my wrist and went out from the castle.

We went to a nearby forest road, where the cold breeze couldn't bother us. My wrist started to hurt as he held on to it.

"Can you not hold my wrist, please? It hurts." I asked trying to sound as nicely as possible.

"Be grateful! You are outside now, just like you wanted!" He answered, clearly annoyed by my orders. He clenched harder, making me moan painfully.

"Please?" I asked again. I putted my other hand over his and looked at him. As he looked at me, he held softer.

"I can not let go of you so do you have any other suggestions?" He asked. I felt confused by his question, It's so obvious.

"My hand." I said. I felt him stop walking.
"What? Are you embarrassed of holding hands?" I asked teasingly, stepping closer to him.

"Of course not! But I can't do that because we are out in public" He said looking down to the ground.

"But it's 02:30 am, no one else is here?" I said. After realizing his mistake, he didn't say a word. He took my hand, held it softly and kept on walking. Then the realization hit me, he have never held hands before, that's why he is so gentle.

As we continued walking, and awkwardly holding hands, I suddenly heard the sound of a hurt creature. I stopped.

"What is it?" The golden guard asked. I didn't answer him, just pointed at the bushes where the sound came from. We sneak behind the bushes, and saw a deer-like creature, gotten their stomach hurt. Because I am who I am, I wanted to help with my healing, but as I tried to walk forward, the golden guard was still holding my hand. No words had to be said, he saw my face as i felt the need to help. A few seconds pass and he finally lets go off my hand.

"Hey, It's okay, I will heal you" I said softly to the creature. I let them sniff my hand and then sat next to them to heal the wound. I could feel the golden guards eyes staring at me as my eyes started to glow. The wound was caused from a trap, but easy to heal. As I finished, the deer-like creature stood up and jogged away into the nearby bushes. I stood up and tried to see where the creature had gone, and the golden guard was curious too. It turned out to be a mother, with three small baby deer-like creatures.

I looked at my left at the guard, who have been seeing this with a smile. He wouldn't stop looking at this moment, so this was my chance to flee.

I backed away slowly, and he still didn't notice me gone. I decided then to run.

I jumped, I ducked but I still kept running. I know that the golden guard was smart enough to realize I'm gone. He could be right behind me, but I decided to keep running and facing forward. Once I stopped to take a breath under a tree, I could hear him running a bit further away. We both are fast runners, but he is faster, so the best choice for me is to hide.

As I tried sneaky to find a good hiding spot, I could felt something burning my skin. Boiling rain just started!
I ran fast under a tree with big branches and a few bushes. I hope the golden guard doesn't get much hurt.

I suddenly hear deep breathing around the tree. And as I decide to look-

"You!?"
"You.." The golden guard said while still taking a breath.
"You sure are a pain in the neck" He said while sitting against the tree.
"You aren't the best guard after all" You simply said smiling. He just ignored you, resting his arm on his leg.

"You got hurt" I said worried, sitting down beside him, looking at the bruises on his arm. He then said that 'it was fine', but you just ignored him. You took his arm ready to heal.

"um..may I have your consent to help you?" I asked awkwardly. You usually don't help the ones who's after you.

"It's..okey?" He said very surprised of you asking. You started the healing process, making him feel better.

"Thank you" He said afterwards. "We can not go back to the castle due to the boiling rain, so we might have to stay here for the rest of the night"
He then took of his cloak and wrapped it around himself.

"Do..you wanna join?" The golden guard said, opening up his cloak. As the cold breeze came, I didn't have much of a choice. I sat next to him getting the warmth of both his cloak and his body.

"Are you comfortable?" He asked. I just nodded, feeling myself getting tired finally.

"sleep tight" He said lastly.

Hopefully, I can run from him before he wakes up in the morning, but for now, I enjoy his warmth.