The savior

{Hunter's pov}

My body stood steady on my feet, my breathing was as fine as always, but my heart was beating out of my chest. I have seen my uncle like this before, many times before.

I looked up at the wall where Y/N was hanging up unconscious. My uncle let them go out of his grip and they fell fast down to the ground.

My muscles were ready to run to catch them before landing, but was not fast enough to make it. My uncle lifted his finger up and catch them with his magic. Y/N's hair swayed with the falling wind.
I then heard my uncle sighed.

"Y/N is a hard nut, not a wild witch. Take them back to their cell" Belos ordered and gave them to a few guards.

"My emperor, don't you mean their room?" One of the guards asked.

"No, they have shown that they disliked my generosity, so they will be treated like a wild witch, in the cells" He said and the guards left with a nod. I saw Y/N get carried away from the room and the big doors shut together.

"Uncle, why not let Y/N go? They have proven that they are not willing to help, and there are more healing students than them!" I tried to reasoning with him. He stared back at me with his ice cold eyes, making me freeze.

"Find out where their palisman is and bring it to me" He said and left the room. He didn't even answer my question, he must be very pissed.

{Time skip}

I walked thru the hallways towards the prison cells. I meet the previous guards walking past me mumbling about some witch higher up the prison tower screaming loudly.

I walked in and saw Y/N shaking slightly against the cell wall. Their hands locked in the non-magic handcuffs. I opened their cell door and quick lowered myself to them.

"Y/N?" I asked them. They didn't respond, they just opened their eyelids slightly. I putted my hand gently on their ankle.

"I guess it's my turn to help you" I said and saw them smile lightly, but still shaking.

"Just relax, I will come back soon" I said and stood up. I quickly went my way to the pantry and grabbed the bottle from the market.

{Y/N's pov}

I can barely breath. It felt like the hurting wound grew inside my lungs, attached to every nerve, choking them for every movement I made. My heart pounded almost out of my chest, not fast but slowly.

I felt the need to scream, but the witch higher up the tower was already on that task.
I then saw Hunter jogging up to me with a bottle in his hands.

"From..the market?.." I asked and felt my throat go dry. Hunter seated himself beside me.

"Yeah, how are you feeling?" He asked and lifted up my shirt a little to see the wound.

"Just fine" I tried to say except that I didn't get enough air. Hunter handed me the bottle.

"Drink up" He said and I took a small sip.

It tasted awful, like slug-liquid matched with water burned fish oil.
I felt myself almost choking of the awful taste and pushed the bottle away from me.

"You have to drink it!" Hunter said back and handed me the bottle again. But as I refused to take it, he sighed heavily. He then stood up and seated himself behind me, leaving me the possibility to sit more comfortable.

"Listen, I know it taste awful but you kind of have to drink it, just four clunks, that's it" He said lightly in my ear. I looked down to the bottle in my hands.

"Just..four?" I asked. Hunter wrapped his arms lightly around my waist and could feel him look at me.

"Yes, just four." He answered.

Despite the taste, it will make me feel better. I lifted the bottle to my lips and started drinking it. After three clunks I stopped to not puke.

"You are doing great, just one more"

I did as he said and took one more clunk out of the bottle. As I swallowed, I immediately felt better, but not completely. We sat there for a while without speaking. I'm thankful for Hunter sitting behind me, my back was killing me leaning towards the cold wall.

"You are an idiot" Hunter said. I chuckled at his words and couldn't help but nod.

"Why did you do that? This is what I mean, you are much more safe back in the owl house. It's dangerous here, and even more dangerous for you to decide to FIGHT the emperor!" Hunter said upsettingly.

'He really cares for me'

"I did what I had to, without me what would happen?" I said, I then started to question.

"Where is Rascal?"

"Oh yeah! right, almost forgot" Hunter said and lifted his head up towards the window. He then whistle a small melody, which was very calming. The same small melody sung back and Rascal came flying in.

He seated themselves on my knee and let me pet them. Hunter then nuzzled into my neck.

"Thank you for saving Rascal.."

"Don't worry about it" I answered and felt my cheeks get warm.

"Can..can't you just heal yourself? You must be in pain" He asked me and looked up from my neck.

"It's what I call it, 'The healing curse', Everyone in the healing coven and track knows about it. It basically means that if you choose to be able to heal everyone and everything, you can't heal yourself" I answered while playing softly with Rascal's red feathers.

"Well, That's just stupid" I heard him behind me and I started to laugh.

"Yeah, it is. But it kind of connects us all you know? We need each other, everyone needs everyone or else we have nobody left"

Hunter left me. Well, he said I needed to rest and took of my handcuffs. Besides, he have work to do for the day.

To bad that I couldn't rest much, The witch higher up the prison tower was still screaming. Even louder than before. Maybe they were lonely..

My body felt better after the medicine, surprisingly. I decided to stand up and go up the stairs to maybe calm them down or something.

There were no windows. No ventilation and barely any air as I soon reached the top. At the top was a cell. Couldn't see anything in the dark cell, but the witch got quiet as they heard my footsteps.

"Hello?" I said and started a fire in my hands. And there they were, another monster-thing. Probably scared and traumatized. I walked up to them slowly and they backed away to one of the cell walls.

"No wait, It's okey" I said and backed away myself. The fire in my hands lighted up the room enough for me to notice a name plate. Like the nameplates at the sleeping area in the castle. It was dirty and said 'lin' on it.

"It's okey..Lin. I'm not here to harm you."

A/N
Hey, so first off, no I'm not dead or bored of this story.
not true.
I am being drowned in homework and assignments from school.
There have also been a lot going on at home lately so there for this looooooong waiting for this chapter, sorry. 😅
15.5 K also ❤️🥂