Run sweetheart, run

It's been about 10 minutes of us flying, and I slowly start to enjoy the feeling. I'm not shaking anymore but still have my face against the Golden guard. I peak a few times down to the ground, just to see how high up we are.

"You can soon let go of me sweetheart, we are here." The golden guard said with the intention of teasing me with the nickname. I looked over his left shoulder and saw the castle down below. Little further away from the emperor castle, I could see the prison, where the "prisoners who didn't actually do anything" is put.

As we landed, I let go from his torso and jumped of the staff. As I looked at the big castle, I could not help but feel a bit alarmed.

"Come with me, little witch" He said as he stretched out his hand for me.
"I'm not a little witch you know!" I snapped back while slapping his hand away from me.
"Well then, do not misbehave in front of the emperor.. little sweetheart" The golden guard teased again and start walking towards the entrance. We step inside and walk thru the large, long hallways. The golden guard only said that the emperor would be pleased to meet me, but nothing else.

We turned left by the end of the hallway and a big door appear where the emperor usually is. We suddenly stopped in front of the door.
"Are we going in or..?" I tried to ask. Because of the mask, I couldn't see his face, his expression or feelings. But I could definitely see that he was looking at me, up and down.
"You are going to meet the emperor of the Boiling Isles, and you look terrible after the flying! Let me help." He said. It was mostly my hair that got messed up. He tried to fix my hair as good as he could, putting some part of my hair behind my ear. I blushed just enough for nobody to see it, while the golden guard opened the door.

There, on the other side of the room, where a throne. As soon as the door opened, the emperor stood up from his seat in order to welcome me. There were many guards on each side of the room and fire as decorations, i hope.

"Welcome to my palace, dear healer. I hope the ride here went well?" The emperor started. He sounded more nicer than I imagined.
"It could have been better" I said while looking at the golden guard.
" Dear emperor, I haven't been told why I'm here for" I said while looking thru out the room.

"Yes! I have some trouble with three of my guards" He said as he told the three guards to stand in line. "can you help them healer?"

It was very odd of the emperor to just ask a random healer to heal only three guards I thought. But it was the emperor so I must. I walked towards the three guards and started expecting the first one. He had a hurting leg, and so i fixed it by putting my hand over his knee. My eyes glows every time i use my magic.

The second guard had a cold, so i putted my hand over his forehead and healed him. The last guard had troubled lungs. As I was on my way towards him, he fell to the ground, not being able to breath at all. I ran up to him and putted my hand over his chest. Organs are trickier than a hurting leg or a cold, which meant I needed to be in contact of the guard's lungs. I focused myself and basically breathed for him while healing the lungs wound. As he calmed down, my eyes stopped glowing and he could finely breath again.
"Very good" The emperor answered.

"If this was everything you needed dear emperor, I will be on my way back home" I said as I turned around to the door.
"Not so fast healer. Thank you for healing my guards. What is your name?" The emperor asked while taking steps down the stairs from his throne.

"Y/N Alinac" I simply answered.

"Thank you Mx Alinac, but there are something more I need from you" The emperor said walking towards me. Now, my heart keeps pounding, telling me to leave as soon as possible.
The emperor also had a golden-like mask, but scarier. Maybe that's why I want to run.

"I want you, Mx Alinac, to heal my curse"

What?

"I'm sorry dear emperor, curses can not be healed-"
"But can be switched!" The emperor continued. He was now standing closer to me, giving me goosebumps.

"I'm still sorry dear emperor, but I will not take your curse, that's a promise I made many years ago. You need to find someone else" I said while walking backwards. My eyes starring at the emperors glowing ones. His hand grabbed my right shoulder, grabbed it tightly.

"You will not leave the emperor castle until you take my curse!" The emperor shouted. As fear took over me, I made him let go of my shoulder and ran as fast as I could to the doors. Feeling my tears start to run in any second and my adrenaline kicking in. If I don't get out of here, i'm stuck forever.

"Get them!" I hear the emperor shout behind me as I ran.

10 meters to the door

I need to hurry

8 meters to the door

I need to hide

6 meters to the door

I hear someone coming from behind

4 meters to the door

Run faster!

2 meters to the door

Is it a 'push' or 'pull' door?

1 meter to the door

I just have to guess!

The easiest would be a push door, as I am running at my fullest speed. I wish for luck as I prepare myself to get out fast or crashing into the door.

I crashed. It was a 'pull' door, not 'push'.

As I took my hands off the door and to the door handles to pull, I realized that I wasn't the only one running my fastest speed. The Golden guard crashed into me from behind, on his way to catch me.
I could hear his small breathing from chasing me, feeling his torso and chest pressed tightly against my back and his hands, holding mine tight by the door handles.

"You are caught, ~Sweetheart. Didn't I tell you to behave in front of the emperor?" He whispered in my ear.

"They may need to rest, to the cells!" The emperor ordered the golden guard. I could feel him nodding behind me, but my tears was now in the corners of my eyes. I will not get out of here.

The golden guard was in front. Behind me were two regular guards, keeping me in place.

"You two can leave, I got them alone" I hear the golden guard order. After they left, He turned around and took my wrist.
"Come along you! we have a special cell waiting for you" He said, probably smiling under his stupid mask.
As we came to my cell, i noticed there were no bed, no food or toilet. Just a cell with handcuffs.
"In you go" He said as he opened the cell door. But as i refused to go in, he pushed me. And closed the door behind him.

"Against the wall, please" The golden guard said, taking up the handcuffs off the cold ground. The handcuffs were attached to the wall, it was for the prisoners to not be able to use their magic. As I stood against the wall and my hands were forcefully grabbed by the guard, I looked down sadly.

"Hey, don't do that face. As soon as you heal the emperor, you will be free" The golden guard said lifting up my chin.

"But I don't want to have the curse. Curses makes people mad and uncontrollable." I said breaking the contact. The golden guard then left the cell to lock it.

"It's getting dark out, Good night for now...Y/N" He lastly said before leaving me alone.

'This is going to be a long night' I thought to myself as I curled up in a ball on the cold, rock floor.