Chapter 36: Listen

"Tae-taehyungie?" Ryujin called out hesitantly, fearing that Taehyung will shut them away for what they have done to him.

The queen, slowly turns to look at them, and he looks worst. Yuna bit back the sob that almost scaped her lips, because never once he had seen him this broken.

Yeji cursed, bitting her lips and her next movement shocked all of them. She kneeled, her head touching the ground as she cried.

"I'm sorry, your Majesty!" Taehyung teared up, he knows its not their fault.

But why do a part of him, blames them? Why? He is stuck between the two. Blame them, or try to understand.

"I-its not your fault, but noona..." Taehyung smiled bitterly, tears streaming down his beautiful face.

"Yo-you knew right? T-then why didn't you hand me it?"

Yeji found it suspicious. Ryujin suddenly disappearing at night, when every maid are all asleep.

The queen has already left the palace, and Chaeryoung and Lia are taking care of him. Then what is wrong?

One night, she saw her sneaking out again. Curiosity gets the best of her, so she stayed silent and follow behind her.

She makes sure Ryujin wont notice a glimpse of her, and the dark night backs her up.

She saw her sneaking out in the passage, as she frowned. Who is she meeting with secretly in the middle of the night?

She hides behind the walls, and watched silently as she saw her approaching a figure of a man, and handing a pouch to him.

The man nodded his head satisfyingly, before he hands a medicine? Yeji tried to look to it more thoroughly, but because she's far away, she only got a glimpse of it.

Ryujin bowed at the man, before immediately turning back to the palace, afraid that someone will catch her.

She walked silently, but a hand from the shadows pulled her, dragging her to the storage room.

Yeji slammed her to the wall, taking the medicine in Ryujins hands who desperately tried to hide it.

The women look at it, fingers shaking as she reads the piece of paper in her hands.
"Whats the meaning of this?" Ryujin only turned away, trying to take the medicine back but Yeji grip on it tightly.

"Let go..." Yeji is not having it, why is she doing this? Has she went completely insane?!

Memories from her past appeared in her mind, making her shake as tears brimmed in her eyes.

"Why do you have a medicine for abortion Shin Ryujin?!" She screamed, unable to control her tears as Ryujin looks down.

"D-dont tell me.." Yeji stopped, coming to a sudden realization.

"You, want to kill the unborn child?" Ryujins confirmed it, that she plans to kill the Queen's baby.

No, that's just too cruel! The child has nothing to do with anything, it was just a mistake in the first place! But why?!

"Let go of it, or else I'll cut your arm.." Yeji threatens, but Ryujin was unfazed by it and pulled more harder.

The two of them clash, tugging the medicine as the two of them screamed at each other.

"Why are you so desperately trying to save it?! You want the queen to be happy right?! Then fucking give it to me and I'll personally hand it to him!!"