019. changing the world to be ours

ROWAN SANTOS

  "YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIE

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIE." Kai shurugged when he moved the bouquet of sunflowers over to one side, "I just thought we promised ourselves that we'd visit the Sky Garden together, guess not." Kai mumbles.

The Sky Garden...

"Kai, you've got it all wrong." I slowly walked closer to him but before I could reply, he cut me off.

"Look, I know you and Jack-"

The words that slipped out of his mouth and the realisation hit me. He thought me and Jack were an item. Kai's facial expressions were a mix of anger and sadness, his hands threaded through his hair held onto the back of his neck.

"He got you that necklace. I spent all my savings on this matching bracelet." I slid a small green Cartier box and he wasn't wrong, it was a matching bracelet.

Wait, he doesn't know Blanche had given me that gift.

"Kai," I placed a hand on his back and I felt his muscles relax from my touch, cute. "It was a present from Blanche, and I was only in the garden for 5 minutes. I never saw the note."

The German slowly turns around and looked closely at me, "Tell me right here, right now that you believe we'll get married one day. If you don't, i'll stay out of your way."

"Kai, come on this isn't fair! Stop being selfish, it's been years, years Kai! You can't just expect all the feelings to come back like that, I fell in love with other people after you!"

He waved his arms around, "If it was true love why were we separated, why did we drift away?"

"That's a question I wish I could answer Kai, but I had my reasons."  I nod my head, I didn't want Kai to see my cry but, I was so close to breaking down.

"So you pick him." He mutters.

"No, you need to let me try and work whatever me and Jack have. This isn't fair Kai, it isn't fair how your being so selfish right now. I'll always love you, but just not in that way." I could tell my words hurt him deeply, I could tell his heart had just shattered into pieces.

"So all this time, you didn't mean I love you in that way?" I could bare myself to answer. "You know I love you, right?" Hesitantly, I nodded. Both of Kai's hands placed themselves on my jaw, making me look up at him.

The eye contact between us was intense, "If you ever reconsider your decision, know that i'm here waiting for you. Maybe we could change the world to be ours, again. " Kai suddenly removed his hands away from my jaw and slightly backed away from me.

He walked me out the front door and told me to wait for him. "Happy birthday, Rowan." Kai passed me the small Cartier box and the bouquets of sunflowers.

KAI HAVERTZ

I was currently crying on the school bus and just thinking about everything basically. I sat myself at the front so the people behind me would see me cry, especially Riley and Tate.

Today at school wasn't fun, I was all alone. Rowan had left me, she moved to London and is now practically a celebrity. I was so mad at her, but then I'm happy for her.

I still love her.

It's been weeks since she's left, bullying has gotten much worst since I'm too afraid to defend myself. Valentina, Grey and Jack had started being more overly protective of me.

"Aww is loverboy crying?" I hear Riley laugh once we stopped at our bus stop. I ignored her and thank the driver before heading out. They still followed me.

"Oi! Answer her!" Josh, her boyfriend, answers and threw a plastic water bottle in my direction. I would lie if I said it hurt a bit since the bottle cap landed first.

"Oi!" Mr Russo yells and stormed out of his dessert shop, "Get away from him!" He shoo's them away and led me inside his desert place.

"Oh sweetheart!" Mrs Russo comforts me whilst I cried, "Shh it's okay, it's okay. We're going to call your parents, okay?" I nod with my tears staining her shirt. "Here, eat up." Mr Russo passed me a waffle and oats my shoulder.

"The bullying gotten worst I seem?" I quickly nod my head and wiped my eyes.

"I miss Rowan."

The two looked my in the eyes with pity.

"I'm too scared," I whisper to them and curled into a little ball, "I'm scared to do anything without her." I rest my teary face against my knees. "I'm too scared, i'm too scared."

"Oh my! Kai, your arm!" Mrs Russo tugs on my arms to see a small bruise forming from this morning that Josh had done.

"Has the school done something about this?" I shook my head no.

"They don't understand how I hurt I am, they just expect me to move in with my life." I nod with myself and fiddle with my hands, "And i'm so mad at Rowan for forcing me to move in, she's living the life whilst I'm here."

"Don't ever be mad at Rowan, sweetheart. You two will find each other one day and talk it out, I want to be at your grand wedding you guys have been planning out for years." The middle aged couple laughed and wink at me.

"She's not wrong, Kai. If you two are truly in love, life will naturally bring you back together and if it doesn't...it's just a sign that you need to start fighting for her." Mr Russo was right, I'll have to wait for that time to come again.

"Like Rowan always says," Mr Russo and Mrs Russo hold the palm of my hands, "Rewrite the Stars, and change the world to be ours."

Funny isn't it?

And now I'm here, not crying, but just staring at the blank wall knowing that the girl I'm so madly in love with doesn't love me that way.

Life will naturally bring us back together. Check.

Will the world be ours once again? I don't know.

author speaks
omg it's been a while since i've acc updated so hi :) sorry if you've cried during this chapter lol anyway ily ily.

**not edited btw

I <3 U CHILLYS
💕💕💕