013. she dosen't like roses

KAI HAVERTZ

  "HOW COME you wanted me to call you but a different nam-" Amara was interrupted by somebody loudly pounding the door and recklessly

"I'll answer the door." I volunteered and excused myself from the dining room, took my quite a while to find the house keys on the stairs that were found under the stack of mail and letter.

"Oh, hey." Rowan looks up at me, she probably expected my dad to have answered the door. I took a sleeping Ivan out of her hands and walked up the steps and tucked him in my bed.

"Where's my teddy bear dude?" I instantly turned around and faced Ivan who was clearly wide awake, "You must think I'm a joke if you'd thing I'd last 10 minutes of walking, told you I should win an Oscar Award."

"Well that isn't very nice to your sister, she's quite worn out." I knelt besides him and grabbed his suitcase and passed the bear. Ivan mumbled a small thank you.

"Now shh go to sleep, it's 11pm." I placed my finger against my lips and placed the blanket over his shoulders. Guess I'd be sleeping on the couch tonight.

"No" I'm not great at handling kids but, Ivan really knows how to get on my nerves and i've only known him for a couple of weeks.

"I'll return the toy I brought for you then." I stood up and before I could leave the room, Ivan yelled for me. "I'm asleep, i'm sleeping. Night."

Carefully as I could, I shut the door behind me and walked back down stairs to see Rowan sitting on the couch and staring at the photo of us two that was held proudly on the wall.

"Sorry, I wasn't actually self aware that I was staying here." Rowan looked away from the photo and didn't dare look at me. I get it, she was upset at me.

"It's fine, you know you'd always be welcomed here." I mumbled the last part, I didn't like this awkwardness between us to be honest.

"Rowan!" My mother comes running into the living room and gave her a warm comforting hug, "I didn't get to see you earlier when you picked Ivan up, but my goodness you are stunning!"

As if this couldn't get anymore awkward, both of us were forced into the dining room and bombarded with questions. "So Rowan, how have you been?"

"I've been doing well since I've last been here, a lot has happened obviously because I'm back in my hometown with a brother and obviously my life is different." Rowan stood up and helped herself through the fridge, I'm glad she's comfortable being here still, "Ah thank God you have watermelon."

She brought the watermelon to the table and grabbed two spoons and helped herself with it freely, "Don't leave me hanging Kai, we may not have spoken properly yet but I know you're eye fucking this watermelon."

She's not wrong.

"Rowan...watch you language." Amara rolls her eyes and crosses her arms.

"Shit, sorry." Rowan mumbles and continued eating as well as me, "God this watermelon is mwah, they're always out of watermelons in Asda. I should start shopping at Morrisons."

"Glad to see that your enjoying it." My dad laughs at us two. Guess some things never changed.

"So Rowan, what's going on with your love life by the way?" Our parents send each other odd glances before facing our way again.

"Oh me and my girlfriend broke up ages ago," She mutters and placed the spook down, as for me I continued eating, "But i'm kinda seeing someone right now." I almost choked on a watermelon seed

"Who?" I need to tape my mouth shut.

"She's talking to Jack, all the girls are in love with him. But they love me more of course." Ivan came strutting into the dining room after I told him to go to bed, "Now how dare you guys have watermelon without me."

Ivan sat on my lap and took a spoon and started eating. "Oh right, Jack Harlow is a rapper but he supports Chelsea. Oh my goodness, I might faint over the mention of Chelsea." Ivan dropped his head on my shoulder.

He should really consider acting.

"Shut up Ivan, you're making this awkward than this should be." Rowan snatches her spoon back and ate.

...

"Oh Ro, he is cute! Did he actually send you them?" My mum squeals as the three woman crowded one side of the sofa. Rowan was currently showing a photo of who this 'Jack' was and flowers he'd send.

If only I gave her them sunflowers.

"Psh Rowan dosen't like roses, she likes sunflowers." I mumbled to the two parents besides me and Ivan on my lap with his head on my shoulders whilst sleeping for real this time.

"Son, are you jealous?"

"Pshhhh, me jealous. No dad." I shrugged him off, I know...It wasn't convincing enough but whatever, "She just dosen't like roses. I know that for a fact."

"Anyway you two, we're going to bed." Carlos took Ivan gently away from me and carried him upstairs into the guest bedroom with Amara. My parents were then next to go up which left me and Rowan by ourselves.

"Now please let's not have a wattpad moment, I'll be sleeping on the couch." Rowan plaves one hand on her hip and placed her phone on the back of her jeans.

"No i'll be on the couch Ro, you're the guest I'm not leaving you alone down here." I shake my head and grabbed the blankets out of the cupboard at the bottom of the stairs.

"And i'm not leaving you here by yourself, I know this living room turns cold. Let's just sleep on different sides of the couch alright?"

"Deal"

"Okay I'm going to the toilet, take care of my phone Kai." Rowan places her phone in the palm of my hands. I know I shouldn't, but I was curious if she kept the same password.

...Yeah she did.

I shut her phone but I swear I saw something on her lock-screen. There two imagines, one of them being her family and Neymar with Davi. The other one was us two, the day I 'proposed' to her.

I threw the phone on the sofa when I heard Rowan making her way back down. "Kai you look like a tomato." My focus moved to Rowan who was wearing a Harry Styles Fine Line shirt with black joggers, "You alright?"

"Yeah let me just brush my teeth then we could uh...watch Drive to Survive." God I hate that I was being really awkward right now.

author speaks
i had a couple of messages abt where the rest of the cast r since this book has been going on for quite abit. i promise u they'll be coming soon🤠👍

i <3 u
CHILLYSSSS :))