007. to strangers again...

ROWAN SANTOS england

'HAVERTZ 29'

The boy, well man I loved was standing in front of me. Standing in front of me with guilt flowing through his green emerald eyes. Liar. "So Kylian..." I sighed with Kai who's shaking his head. "Rowan..." The silence between us was awkward, I looked down at Ivan who was mouthing a 'sorry' to him. He knew all along, but I could never be mad at him.

I really need to start wearing my glasses.

"If I could meet you all over again I would of just walked away Rowan." My heart felt heavy, after years of knowing each other this is what he says. Yes I left him, did I have a choice? No. Could I of said goodbye? Yes. But that'd make everything more sadder. But that's not an excuse.

"You don't mean that Kai." I gulped, I wasn't convinced he was telling the truth, Kai was always loving. This was a side of Kai I didn't expect to see nor exist. I looked back into his eyes, blank. He meant it, I felt stupid but I didn't want to start an argument. "I'm sorry, that's all I have to say." I know a sorry wasn't good enough after all these years.

"Kai come on! Team meeting, now!" I see a guy who had 'MOUNT 19' on the back of his Jersey, Mason I think his name was. I'm pretty sure he was another friend of Blanche's. Kai looks back at me, his eyes felt like they were burning through me skin, the footballer then walked away just leaving me and Ivan in the tunnels of the pitch.

"You know it was never your fault Rowan." Ivan snaps me out of my thoughts, "You didn't have a choice to leave, yet I know how hard it'd be to say goodbye." My brother sent a goofy smile which makes me laugh. "And how do you know all this?" For a five year old, he sure choses his words wisely. "I watched this movie with mum, I totally forgot what it was but I remember her crying. It was very awkward Rowan. Me and dad were just sat there."

...

"Rowan are you alright? You've been quiet since the start of the match and after you dropped Ivan home." I turn around to face Neymar who was taking his shoes off in my house. "Yeah I'm alright Ney. Davi what do you want for dinner?" I changed the subject making my cousin roll his eyes before walking around my home.

"Can we eat sushi somewhere?" The nine year old gave me them puppy dog eyes, he knew goddamn well I could resist them. "What you think Ney?" I look back at Neymar, who made himself at home, was watching Money Heist...specifically the episode he was in. "Yeah, yeah sure...look Rowan, I can actually act!" Neymar grins, so I grabbed the nearest cushion and threw it at him, "Please I spoke more lines than Blanche when she was in La La Land."

"Win an Oscar Award then I'll find you a movie contract Neymar, plus Blanche spoke more lines than you. I'm surprised you could actually read a script." I sat besides me with Davi on the other couch playing Minecraft on my Ipad. "Should I be offended?" I shook my head.

"Rowan back to the point, somethings on you mind. What you thinking?" Neymar sits straight back up and played around with the TV remote then finally turned the screen off. "Remember during the match you thought somebody looked familiar and I told you his name was, Kylian?" Neymar furrows his eyebrows then nods his head. "I've been lied to, it was Kai."

"That was Kai? Then I'm fucking Harry Styles, no way that was him."

"I'm being serious, didn't you see his last name on his jersey today?" I rolled by eyes at Neymar, who was staring at the Tv and processing what he'd just been told.

"No, why would I?" Neymar scoffed.

"Just shut up Neymar."

KAI HAVERTZ

"Kai why the fuck would you say that to her, idiot." Valentina says through facetime.

Currently I was on facetime to my group of best friends from Germany, the friends who me and Rowan would hang out with all the time. "I don't know Val. Jace, Grey? Help me out please." I loudly groaned and fell onto my bed.

"Val is right Kai, you should of said that. After all these years you're still in love with her." Grey shakes his head before placing his phone down on his table so it could stand up.

"I mean we can't even help you Kai, you're all the way in England and none of us have no contact of Rowan at all." Jace shrugged before his eyes widened as if he just thought of some genius idea, "did you guys see Blanche's confetti music video. Did you see how hot her and Rowan looked."

"Jace you're really not helping." Valentina rolls her eyes before cuddling with Grey. Did I forget to say that these two were dating? Probably.

"Sorry I didn't answer sooner, I just got back home. Well done today Kai, I heard Chelsea won!" Tate Hayes, no one really knew why she was in our friendship group, Valentina definitely hated her.

"Anyway, back to the Rowan subject-"

"You guys are still on about her?" Tate rudely interrupted Jace. "Oi" Valentina snaps, "shut the fuck up and let Jace speak. My God."

"Back to what I was saying...I don't know how Rowan ended up being fucking Blanche Styles manager. That girl is model worthy!" All of us, except Tate, laughed.

"Jace isn't even wrong, have you seen her and Neymar's Vouge cover recently. Oh my Lord if Rowan still remembered me I'd of broken up with Grey and fuck her." Valentina smirks making Grey pull the phone away from her.

"Please the stuff her mum wrote on their article was all fake." Tate rolls her eyes which made the rest of the group silent, "Their is no way that girls net worth it over 100million."

"Tate just be quiet, you haven't even met Rowan. Plus her mum is the sweetest, even when she turns into a villain if you wear your shoes inside her house." I rolled my eyes at the thought of someone actually being rude to Rowan.

"Aww look at Kai getting all protective for the love of his life, bare in mind he's been single for that long." Jace jokes thinking it was funny, it really wasn't.

"Shut up Jace, what happened to Grace then?." I watched how Jace immediately stopped laughing and let out a huge gasp. "Kai don't mention that, you know it hits close to him." The blond haired guy placed his hand to his heart and pretended to die.

Jace would forever be dramatic.

"Anyway, tell us... what's going on with you and Rowan now then?" Grey asks. He must of noticed my gaze practically turning away from the screen. I looked down at the purple beaded bracelet that had stayed on my wrist since she left.

"We're practically strangers again..."

author speaks
okurrr idk what this chapter is ngl but that don't matter lolss. i just want to say hiiiiiii 😗

oh and i'll probably go back to the lowercase typing, i've turned off caps on me phone and now i cba to put it back on sooooo :))

i love u
C H I L L Y S! 🌶