35 | Safe Hevan

______________

To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra

"And I built a home, for you, for me."

_____________

Y/N flew up, sitting up in her bed. She was breathing heavily as her eyes fluttered. When she finally coughed her breath, she looked around and saw she was in a small wooden shack—her katana, knives and extra weapons on the small table.

Y/N moved her legs to hang over the bed and lifted her shirt to see her gunshot wound was healed. How long was I out? She thought, it could have been a matter of days or weeks?

She looked down at her hands, they still had blood stains on them, so she wasn't out for long then.

Y/N stood and walked outside of the shack; she saw the ocean and walked towards it. She stood where the grass met the sand, hands in her hair, not be living her eyes.

"Y/N?" Brenda grinned and ran towards the girl, almost taking her down, "God, don't scare me like that again!" Brenda hugged her and pulled away when another friend came over.

"Bren," Y/N hugged her sister as her eyes got watery.

When they pulled away to look at each other, Brenda knew something was wrong, "what's wrong?"

"I can't get it off," Y/N said softly as she rubbed her hands, the blood not moving, "it won't leave..."

"Y/N," Brenda made her sister look at her, "were at the safe haven, we are free. Go into the ocean, and wipe your hands clean. For good."

Y/N looked at the water, then at her sister, hugging her. She then kicked off her shoes and ran to the water, Brenda laughing and running after her, standing in the water.

Y/N ran into the water and dove under; when she came up, she was farther away and saw a small crowd behind Brenda laughing and smiling. Y/N whipped her face and hands, finally clean. She cried as her hands were finally clean.

She swam back to the shore, "we're home?" Brenda smiled and pushed some of her crazy wet curls behind her ear.

"That's right, love."

"Newt?" She looked at the boy and hugged him, "it worked?" She looked him over.

"Yes, you saved me," he nodded.

"I did?" she stepped back, "I remember that, and... And uncle Leon, then running away to see Paige, but Janson shot her." She closed her eyes to connect the dots, unaware that the small crowd was right behind her. "And then Janson shot her, chased me and Teresa, and I was shot," Y/N's hand went to her stomach. "I got to you guys, but... Teresa didn't," she sighed.