34 | I Forgive You

______________

Bottom Of The River by Delta Rae

"If you fall, hold my hand. Oh, baby, it's a long way down to the bottom of the river."

______________

Y/N walked into the main floor of the building, finding Dr. Ava Paige looking out the window, then turning to face her.

"Why me?" Y/N said, her voice shaking just like her hand that held the gun, pointed at the Doctor. Ava gave the girl a sad face, "why do I have to lose everyone? Why am I the cure?"

"I don't know, but you could save us all," Ava replied softly. Y/N lowered her gun as the doctor walked towards her, "it's okay, dear."

"I lost my mom, my dad and now my uncle," she cried as Ava whipped her cheeks as the tears flowed. "I'll give you my blood; just don't hurt anyone else... Don't hurt my family."

"I promise," she nodded, "I will-" a gunshot cut off Ava.

Y/N looked down and saw a bullet went through her chest, she knelt down beside the doctor, but she was dead. Y/N stood slowly when she saw Janson walk through the smoke of the gun as he aimed at her head.

She looked down at the doctor but stumbled back when Janson stuck a small needle in her neck. As her world went dark, all she thought about was her friends, no, her family. And Minho... She would normally see it coming, but she was not in the right mindset.

When Y/N's eyes fluttered open, she was on a doctor's table, trapped down. She looked to her left, and Teresa was there. Janson looked out the window, then turned to her, "do you know what this place is, Y/N? It's a lifeboat. And the whole world might be sinking, but that doesn't mean that we have to go down with it." Janson walked past Teresa, "how much longer?"

"It's almost done."

"Why didn't you just kill me?" Y/N looked up at him, "that's what you want, right?"

"Kill you?" Janson chuckled, shaking his head, "no, we don't wanna do that.  We're gonna take special care of you. We'll keep you alive, just-" Janson flinched back when Y/N tried to go at him but was held back by the retrains. "And in return, you will give life to the great of us, the ones we choose to save anyway." Janson grabbed a small device, "of course; there's not going to be enough for everyone. Hard choices are gonna have to be made. In time, the Flare virus will burn itself out; the only question is, who will be the ones left standing?" Janson grabbed the serum from Teresa, "and thanks to you, to this," he shook the small bottle. "We finally get to choose, a future of our own making." Janson lifted up his sleeve to show his purple and blue veins; he was bitten by a Crank. "To your health-" Janson was cut off by a glass bottle being slammed over his head.