1 | Welcome To The Glade

______________

bury a friend by Billie Eilish

"What do you want from me, why don't you run from me, what are you wondering, what do you know?"

______________

Click.......... Click.......... Click........ Click...... Click... Click... Click... Bang!

The girl jolted awake, her chest heaving as she took in her surrounding...

Where am I? She asked herself as she looked around. She was in a cage, and she was going up. The girl stayed calm and looked at what was in the cage with her, food, clothing and some animals.

She tried to get out, but she couldn't till she arrived at her destination. The girl remained calm and thought of a plan; she was trained for this... Or was she?

All she remembered was her name, Y/n...

The cage kept going faster and faster. Y/N held onto the side of the cage; as it came to a quick stop, she stood firm and prepared herself for what she was about to face. The ceiling doors opened, and light flooded in; Y/N looked away so her eyes could adjust; all she heard were boys talking.

"Whos the new greenie!?"

"This little shank needs a haircut!"

"I do not, you little-" Y/N yelled, looking up at the group.

"It's a girl!"

"No? I didn't notice, you little-" she huffed; the boys were all shocked; Y/N climbed on the boxes and climbed up, coming face to face with at least 30 boys.

"I'm Newt; welcome to the Glade," an English accented boy said; Y/N ignored him and looked around. Her mouth slightly dropped when all she saw were walls; she turned to him, pissed off.

"Where the hell am I?" Y/N glared at them; they looked at each other. Y/N slowly walked backwards, watching all the boys, then took off running. She was in the middle of the green area and found no way out.

She then saw an opening and ran for it; she saw a boy coming out, looking at her confused, the boys behind her started yelling at him to stop her, the boy turned around and sprinted for her. Y/N looked back and saw him; he was about to lunge, so she jumped to the side and continued to run, she was almost free when the boy grabbed her, and they both fell.

"Shit- get off of me!" She yelled, pushing him off, then trying to kick him where it hurts.
"Hey-hey! Stop it!" He grumbled back as Y/N rolled them over, her on top; she then jumped up and ran; she was at the opening, to her freedom, when a pair of arms wrapped around her and threw her over his shoulder.

"I just want to leave; let me leave!" Y/N yelled as she kept hitting his back.

"Minho, bring her over here," Newt called as the boy holding her; Minho walked towards them.

"Dammit! If you won't let me go, then explain to me, why! Give me answers," Y/N sassed as Minho finally put her down. She pulled away from him, dusting herself off, giving him daggers.

"If looks could kill," a brown hair boy whispered with a small chuckle.

Minho gave Y/N his regular straight face, then narrowed her eyes at him as she turned to see a older looking boy step forward. "Come with me; I'll explain," Y/N followed him as the other boys watched their leader and this fiery girl walk to the homestead.

This man, Alby, explained everything to Y/N the best he could for her being the Greenie. "How can I leave?" She sassed, jetting out her hip and crossing her arms.

"That's what we've been trying to figure out."

"For how long?"

"Three years," Alby sighed.

"Just peachy," she ran a hand down her face.

"As I said, the maze keeps changing; we try every day, but-"

"I want to become a runner," she stated as he sighed.

"No, you won't. To become a runner, you must be chosen; you will work a different job each day, and then we'll see where you're valuable."

"I will get out there," she mumbled as she sat down, running her hands through her hair.

A curly-haired boy, maybe 13 years old, ran up to them. "I'm Chuck... Can I just say what you did before. The whole running and taking down Minho, that's was awesome! Girls are awesome!" Y/N sighed and gave him a small smile, as Chuck then waved his hand for her to follow him, "follow me, if you won't talk, we can go eat at least."

Y/N followed the boy as he showed her around the whole afternoon, then they walked to the Homestead, as Alby called it, to eat dinner. She sat across from Chuck as he ate; she sat there drinking some water; her brain was running a mile a minute, she tried to comprehend what was happening. All she knew was her name and that she could fight.

Y/N knew she would be stuck here until they found a way out, which she wouldn't be allowed to help. She knew she had to become a runner and find a way out. That's the plan.

The girl took a deep breath and looked up at Chuck, "my name is Y/n."

"I like that name," the boy smiled.

"How long have you been here?"

"Two months, Thomas was the last Greenie, and now you are."

"Great," she sighed. Chuck and Y/N began to talk; it wasn't that bad. It was nice to talk about anything; this feeling wasn't familiar to her, maybe because she couldn't remember.

"Then Gally got so mad!" Chuck laughed as he told her another funny story; Y/N smiled softly as he grinned, "you smiled!"

"You must be the new Greenie," a voice said, sitting next to Y/N. It was Minho; he had jet black hair, tan skin, and he looked out of breath. He's the boy that took her down earlier, "I'm Minho," he smirked as Newt also sat down beside Chuck. Along with another boy.

"Y/N," she stated, then looked away from him.

"We didn't get a chance actually to meet before, since I had to save you."

Y/N looked over at him, "are you trying to flirt or start a fight?"

"Can't take a joke?"

"Can't make a joke?" She countered.

"Man, you are one butt-load of sunshine, let me tell you," Minho huffed, going back to eating.

"Oh, god, there's two of them," Newt sighed making Chuck and the other boy laugh.

The other boy laughed; he could tell she didn't know who he was. "I'm Thomas," Y/N nodded and looked over to Minho, who was looking over at her, to send her a small glare, her doing the same.

"We are having a Bonfire tonight in honour of having a new Greenie," Newt spoke up.

Y/N nodded as they all ate before the Bonfire.