19 | Wild Card

______________

No Roots by Alice Merton

"And thousands times I've seen this road, a thousand times

"And thousands times I've seen this road, a thousand times. I got no roots."
______________

The next day they walked more, all out of water, tired, hungry and hot.

When night came, they all laid down on the hard ground. The others slept as Y/N woke up to hear some rumbling; she sat up and looked around; she saw a storm coming in. They had to leave. When she looked to her right, she saw a building with lights on; she contemplated if it was a good idea going in but knew they had to get away from the storm, even if they had to see the crazy people of the Scorch.

"Guys, wake up," she stood up and hurried them up. "Let's go, see that, the lights?"

"We made it," Newt said.

"No, it's not the Right Arm, but its people. I don't want to meet any of the crazies, but we got to get away from that," she pointed to the lighting storm. "Come on, let's go!"

They all ran towards the building as lightning struck behind him, "keep moving!" Thomas yelled.

"Run!" Teresa yelled.

"Let's go," Minho yelled, "we're getting closer!"

"Get inside! Go," Y/N yelled at Thomas to grab Aris and Newt's hand since they were slower.

Minho fell behind since he had to run around an old car but then ran back behind everyone. Lighting then stuck down at a car that was right beside Minho, making it hit him and Y/N in the back; Minho flew back, unconscious.

They all made it inside, except for Y/N, who flew forward; since she was close to Minho, she pushed herself up and crawled to him, shaking his shoulders. "Minho!" She tried to wake him up but couldn't, Aris and Newt running back to pick him up. Y/N trailed behind them, "get inside, go!"

Once they all got inside, it was pitch black, so Thomas turned on his flashlight. Everyone crouched around Minho.

Y/N was on her knees, bending over him, tears in her eyes, "wake up," she mumbled and felt his pulse. "Come on, Min, please." She sighed as everyone told him to wake up.

Y/N laid her head on his chest, hands holding the fabric of his shirt.

Minho let out a low groan as everyone smiled down at him, "are you okay?" Thomas asked.

Minho looked at everyone as he reached out to cup Y/N's face with one hand, "what happened?"

"You got struck by lightning, you idiot," Y/N hit his chest lightly, "and got me struck too."

"Oh," he let out, still not too sure what's going on.

"You scared me half to death; I thought I lost you," she helped him stand up with everyone else.