chapter 63

Claire's POV

Mark and I have been together for a few months now. Spring break is just around the corner. Clay and Luke just started dating and they've been together for a few months now.

"Hey Claire I have good news and bad news." Mark said walking into my room with his phone in hand.

"What is the good news?" I asked putting my phone down.

He sat down on my bed and held my hand.

"So, I'll be able to by a house in around a week or two-"

"Oh that's amazing!" I perked up

"You didn't let me finish." His voice got really serious and his expression darkened. "The house I'm buying is back in San Francisco."

"Wait, does that mean you have to leave?" I asked. Tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Aww please don't cry. It makes me sad when you cry."

I sniffled.  "I-if your going to leave s-soon, can we have fun for the next week?" I asked looking up at him.

"Yes of course! We can do whatever you want to do. Just please stop crying. I mean, you can cry but I'd like it better if you didn't" he said.

I gave a soft chuckle and stood up. "I'm going to get ready for the day. You can stay or leave but I'll be in the shower."

"I'll go, I need to speak to Clay about something."

"Alright."

I hopped in the shower and got ready for the day. I was supposed to meet up with Melody and her boyfriend. She and Josh have been together for about a month now and they are really happy.

I stepped into the shower and got out around fifteen minutes later. I dried my hair and put it into a quick ponytail and went on my way. 

Time skip

I arrived where we were supposed to meet and saw them sitting on a bench. 

"Claire!" melody waved for me to go over to them once she saw me. "Girl you look so nice."

"Aw thanks, Mel" I gushed

"Hi Claire! It's good to see you today." Josh said.

"Its nice to see you too Josh! Are we ready to go?

"YESS!" Melody said as she stood up and pulled Josh along with her.

A/N: I was in a rollerblading race yesterday and I fell insanely hard and now I have bruises all over my body.